Thread: EVGA Z68 FTW vs. EVGA P67 FTW for overclocking

EVGA Z68 FTW vs. EVGA P67 FTW for overclocking

Hello friends recently purchased the EVGA P67 FTW 1155 mobo motherboard and accommodate 2700k. I have founded it out that the P series board does the overclocking with K models and also with the onboard video and where the Z series board does overclocking with K models but not with the onboard video or might be vice versa, not remembering clearly. So should I go for the P series instead of the Z series board for the overclocking? Is the overclocking of the Z series is better than P series. What I have searched and founded that the mobo seems to be an overclock board, as it is having multiple power phases and 3 different selectable bios setups onboard bios reset switch. Can you please help me with this? Thank you.

Re: EVGA Z68 FTW vs. EVGA P67 FTW for overclocking

I have not seen any differences with any of the overclocking, but let me tell to that the Z series board is having the video where the P series does not have it. There might be difference in overclocking as it might be differing with the board not with chipset.

Quote Originally Posted by Aileya View Post
    I have not seen any differences with any of the overclocking, but let me tell to that the Z series board is having the video where the P series does not have it. There might be difference in overclocking as it might be differing with the board not with chipset.
    I am not at worry about the on board video, I think you are correct that there might be many of the things which will be tell about overclocking that which is better and worst in comparison with the other. Need to check out about it, but I believe that P series board will work very much better then Z board.

If you are going for the overclocking then I would suggest that you better go for P series, if you are having graphics card then you might be having the problem beside that you will not be getting a single problem when done with overclocking. So you go ahead with the overclocking of your board.

Quote Originally Posted by Naruto Uzumaki View Post
    If you are going for the overclocking then I would suggest that you better go for P series, if you are having graphics card then you might be having the problem beside that you will not be getting a single problem when done with overclocking. So you go ahead with the overclocking of your board.
    It is not true, well the integrated video chip is been based on the GPU and it has 2500Ks. whereas on the Z series you need to disable it, which was not there on it earlier. If you have checked it earlier then I was a very much big deal to find it on chipset. At present AMD is coming with the impressive overclock board on non-FX chipsets which is also including G chipsets. I believe that the Z series board is having more offers as it will compatible with Ivy Bridge later and it is having recent design. Which is much better than the P board and I do not think that P series board will be going for the Ivy Bridge compatible.