Thread: Temperature limit when Overclocking AMD FX 6100

Temperature limit when Overclocking AMD FX 6100

Right now I am decided to overclock the AMD FX6100 and before that I would like to know the ending point of overclocking. Is there any temp limit during the overclocking? How far can I tune up my processor? Somewhere I have read that 60c is usually a good max limit. Right now the processor is running at 4.3 GHz and I tested it with SiSoftware Sandra and got temps 52c.

Re: Temperature limit when Overclocking AMD FX 6100

In order to do the blend test on AMD FX6100, I don’t really use the SiSoftware Sandra. I use Prime95 for checking the stability and here the temps should reach a max of 55c. Any more than that, the system could become unstable. At that time, you will need a good better cooling or you have to downclock your processor.

You will get number of bios settings which are meant for critical in overclocking. I don’t know whether you are at stable condition or not. You have to do the proper stress test using a good software. Run it for hours and see what you can get. While test is running, don’t forget to check the temps regularly.

The current information I have is :

FX - 6100: 6 x 3300 MHz = 200 x 16.5 125W, maximum temperature, 70 c. NB 2000MHz

6100 have a maximum temperature of 70 C, leaving more room for overclocking theory, and for the 4 modules / 8 cores, a maximum temperature of 62 c.
    For maximum level of overclock two conditions should meet. First is the temperature, never being recommended to arrive and remain at high temperatures above, and second voltage, the maximum v 1.55 supported BUT not recommended to exceed 1.515 v

The FX cannot do better than Intel under this point of view. As we have seen the scores on the efficiency of Intel processors start at 320 and arrive at more than 635 points, achieved by the Core i5 and Core i7-2500K-2600K. Therefore Sandy Bridge processors and Sandy Bridge-E offer performance per watt higher than bulldozer, and this is mainly caused by the fact that the Intel processors do not require increases in tension in order to achieve higher frequencies.

The temperatures are generally the main hurdle to reach high frequencies. Extreme cooling systems are therefore particularly useful on these CPUs, unlike what we saw with Sandy Bridge and Sandy Bridge CPU-E, also lowering the temperature below freezing, cannot earn much room for overclocking frequency.

The FX CPU overclocking is done in ways that are quite classical. We can adjust several parameters: the frequency of bus (HTT), the CPU multiplier (FX CPUs are unlocked), the multiplier link Hyper Transport and Northbridge multiplier. The voltages of greater interest to the Vcore and overclock are obviously part of the CPU-NB. In general, the easiest way to overclock is to increase the CPU multiplier, however, the most profitable, both in terms of performance and frequency, include maximizing the bus (HTT). Don’t worry about the temperatures now if you have good cooling system. Just see whether you can stable overclock or not.