Thread: Blue Screen on Pre overclocked CPU system

Blue Screen on Pre overclocked CPU system

I got a system and with a help of may friend I had assembled it. It consist of a cpu, ram and a board. The processor is not overclocked but I had purchased the system on base of overclocking work only. So when we fixed everything altogether and turned on machine the system started crashing. I do not understand what the issue is. We had installed Windows properly and there were no error. Somehow my LAN stopped working. I also attached gpu after a while and updated the drivers. Again there was a blue screen. I installed a cpu monitor on my system which showed the temperature more than 80. That is higher what I assume. My fans are working fine and even on non overclocked profile how the system is getting so much heated. I checked in my friends system and the temperature in bios is between 30-40. I think this can be most stable. What if I overclocked the cpu on this condition. It will blow up everything. I do not understand why this is happening. It is a new system.

Re: Blue Screen on Pre overclocked CPU system

I will not recommend you to overclock your cpu at this time. This can be risky. Because your cpu is heating up. Did you attached everything properly the cpu, the fan, etc. Apply thermal paste on the processor and then check back. It is necessary that your cpu temperature should lie at a prescribed value or else the system will keep on crashing. The blue is causing because of this high temperature. Disconnect all stuff and then connect them properly. If possible try to check the cpu on other motherboard and test it. I think you are not able to fit the same properly.

You had not mentioned the bsod error. If you can do that then it will be more helpful for others to give you the exact solution. I thing the issue is because of incompatible hardware connected in your system. It can be the gpu or any other stuff. Checked properly that everything is firmly connected. Like the ram or the graphic card. Remove the gpu and then check. Install everything and test your system for some hours. If still it crashes contact the seller for the issue. There can be fault in the motherboard.

Test your system with Prime 95. This tool will check your system stability. If the test fails then your system is not capable of overclocking. It can be due to hardware limitation. Mention your system specs here.

There are can be number of issues behind this. First of hardware thing to check. How many ram sticks do you have. Are they all common or of different standards. Try to use the most common standards of ram. Second disconnect your gpu for start. Ensure that your cpu is fixed firmly on the board. Check that your system power supply is more than 440w. A higher power supply for a system to overclock and gpu support is important. If it is lower upgrade it and then run a test with prim 95. When all is fine then you can in last connect your gpu and check that if gpu is not faulty.

The lan thing that you mentioned can be because of two reason. First missing or corrupted drivers second hardware fault. The lan port only goes when there is no driver in the system or when the motherboard lan port is faulty. Overclocking needs a better and stable system for overclocking.

You can try upgrading your bios version. Somehow bios fixes many issues of system stability. You can download bios from the official site and run the setup. It is better in many cases. And still if this does not work then you must ask your seller for hardware issue. If there is a issue of higher temperature then after overclocking your system can suffer major loss.