Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Register Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

New CPU losing overclock in Asus Crosshair IV Formula motherboard

Overclocking & Computer Modification

Old 24-02-2012

New CPU losing overclock in Asus Crosshair IV Formula motherboard

This problem has started recently. I have installed a new processor on this motherboard. The motherboard works fine with that CPU and posts. The problem is, I have overclocked my AMD Phenom II X6 1090T Black Edition Thuban 3.2GHz processor to 4GHz. Now every time I post or boot my computer, the system or processor loses the overclock. I saved it as a profile but I have to go into the BIOS, in order to change the settings again. I reseated the CPU again but still the same problem. Any other suggestions?

Old 24-02-2012

Re: New CPU losing overclock in Asus Crosshair IV Formula motherboard

As far as I know that the Crosshair IV Formula offers direct access keys to certain functions to optimize processor. We find a Core Unlocker button, to activate the third and fourth core processor stamped double or triple core, and a Turbo Key button, which automatically overclocks the processor with the necessary resources. The ROG Connect feature allows adjusting and controlling the parameters of the computer from another computer, using a USB cable. So you donít need to go into the BIOS everytime to overclock the processor.
Old 24-02-2012

It is Asusís new high-end motherboard for AMD. If the third version was built around the AMD 790FX chipset, this new version takes no surprise its successor, AMD 890FX, the new flagship of the manufacturer. With the push of the button on the OC board, after a single reboot, you will receive a set of automatic overclocking going to change the operating frequency of the processor and memory.
Old 26-02-2012

It seems to me that the overclocking is not stable and due to the default behavior of Asus BIOS or something else might be causing the CPU to reset its overclocking values. The bios itself resets to its default settings, when it find that CPU is not stable.

TechArena Community > Hardware > Overclocking & Computer Modification
Tags: , , , , , , ,