Thread: Asus P8Z68 Deluxe will not allow stable overclocking

Asus P8Z68 Deluxe will not allow stable overclocking

This is my second motherboard. There are already 4 G.Skill F3-17000CLD-8GBXM RAM sticks and Intel Core i7-2700K installed along with the latest version of BIOS. The problem is, the processor will not overclock properly. I can get only 3635 MHz using the OC tuner. If I try more than that, the system becomes unstable. There are current 2 different video cards but still no difference. Tried to run few tests but no help at all. What I am missing here.

Re: Asus P8Z68 Deluxe will not allow stable overclocking

The first thing I would do is Clear CMOS or removing the battery for a minute. Once done, would prove only with motherboard, processor and a ram module, with no other peripherals, making sure that the connections of the power supply are good. Now overclock the processor bit by bit. If the system not stable or this does not get started then assume that it is very likely that the motherboard which might be defective. However in any case It would be better to test the processor on or with other computer. ‘’

Re: Asus P8Z68 Deluxe will not allow stable overclocking

I would like to draw your attention to the fact that you have to change any cooler for overclocking beyond 4.00 GHz, the Radbox provided by Intel with its processors are really unable to effectively cool the beast in extreme conditions beyond that frequency.