Thread: Limitations of Intel Overclocking Protection Plan

Limitations of Intel Overclocking Protection Plan

If you are going to overclock the new Intel processor then you should go through this link first. Here the Intel is offering you an option with some extra cost in order to take out insurance for CPU to replace if it fails or damage whilst overclocking. The extra cost depends on the CPU range.

Re: Limitations of Intel Overclocking Protection Plan

Intel has launched a "Protection Plan Performance / Tuning" which provides protection for users involved in overclocking. For a flat fee, they can get the replacement of their CPU if it is to fail at an overvoltage or overclocking.

Insurance valid only once, then we must take another change for the process. At the cost of insurance, you need a cheap proc AND be clumsy in its overclocking!

Specifically, all processors ranges K and X as well as those on LGA2011 socket are eligible. Rates vary by 20 and 35 dollars. Intel states that customers will not be entitled to only one replacement processor. The plan does not replace the basic warranty of 3 years. This is a pilot of six months and "Intel will evaluate the plan throughout the six months to decide whether to continue the experiment, past the pilot phase."

The guarantee period Intel overclock comprises the first three years of the processor, and is available for the Core i5-2500K, 2600K Core i7, Core i7-2700K, 3930K as well as Core i7-Core i7-3960X, with plans ranging in price among $ 20 and $ 35, dependent on the price of the processor. Under the terms as well as conditions of the Intel Tuning Protection Plan is barely allowed a single plan for each CPU, and these are totally transferable in the event that the CPU is sold, provided it is within the period from the first 3 years life of the CPU.

There are certain limitations. The CPUs have multipliers but not curly, which allows a theoretical overclocking to xxx, but then stop somewhere, if not increase the tension. What if one were to rank this as its CPU and comes out with 1.5Volt overclocked, because they necessarily want to break the nitrogen-cooled 8 GHz mark.

Then Intel would simply say, "You were outside of these specifications for the product"