Thread: Suggestion for Asus P5N-MX Overclocking

Suggestion for Asus P5N-MX Overclocking

Hello friends got a computer which is giving 25c temperature with the air cooling at the original clock @ 2.0 GHz. Having the Asus P5N-MX motherboard with 4 GB ram, it is having 400mhz frequency, do not mind to overclock it, when try to change the CPU clock speed in BIOS then it grayed out. It is been running 800 MHz, I would like to change the CPU speed. Wanted to do it but do not know how to do it? So please tell me, thank you.

Re: Suggestion for Asus P5N-MX Overclocking

Well with the help of the Asus retail BIOS, go to the setting then try to change 'FSB-Memory Clock Mode' to 'linked' or 'unlinked' which will change the FSB (QDR), also the Mhz switch will be available for adjustment. The + or - key which are there should allow you for the adjustment of the frequency value and set which you would like to have. But before doing that I wanted that is your board the retail Asus mainboard or it is the assembled by you or is it in a system integrator or OEM computer system? Please tell me that before doing it.

Re: Suggestion for Asus P5N-MX Overclocking

I think that it will be very much confusing, as you are having the Intel processor with an nVidia chipset. If you are not able to enter the FSB (QDR), MHz switch, then the motherboard which you are having it is an OEM or system integrator version. When you are setting it to 'unlinked' then it will allow as a processor overclock. The FSB (QDR), Mhz switch is been available and also you need to highlight it, then the adjusting will be allowing it a little speedup.