Thread: GIGABYTE Cloud OC technology for remote overclocking

GIGABYTE Cloud OC technology for remote overclocking

The gigabyte as launched Hotkey OC and Cloud OC at the same time. However the Cloud OC is totally a new app with which you can overclock the system using any remote services like LAN, WLAN and BlueTooth or any internet browser capable device. There are many features functions which are categorized as three tabs: Tuner, System Info and Control. In Tunes Tabs there are widely used tweaking options like CPU, Memory, VGA, PCI-E frequencies as well as voltages. System Info shows real time status of PC monitoring CPU temp, fan speeds, CPU VCore and other temps. The Control tab contains restart, power off, suspend, and hibernate options using which you can control system power

Re: GIGABYTE Cloud OC technology for remote overclocking

I really like this application and it’s really cool to use. You have to run the 3D benchmarks in full screen mode and you can keep eye on your settings and temperatures using the cloud feature from anywhere and you can tweak them easily to get the good scores and higher performance.

Usually if you want to overclock the system, you should be in front of the system. Then only you can change the BIOS settings. This is was common method and there was no way around. Also it wasn’t possible to change BIOS settings which benchmarks tests are running. But there were some Windows utilities, which enable to overclock while running benchmark but for this you required benchmark monitor. So due to this issue, the gigabyte brought solution which will make easy overclocking. Now not only you can monitor the settings while running benchmarks in full screen mode but you can also overlock the system depending on your needs. The GIGABYTE Cloud OC will do all the tasks for you needs.

As far as I know that the Cloud OC shows realtime readouts like voltages and temperatures so that you can monitor the PC status and get to know how system is running. It is somewhat like Asus' RoG Connect software but there it used USB-connected laptop or Bluetooth device in order to control system's overclocked settings. Currently this app will run on all X58, P55 and H55 chipset GIGABYTE motherboards. In near future I hope that other models expected to support Cloud OC

You have heard that Hotkey OC is tied with the Gigabyte's overclocking software, EasyTune 6. But here the case is different. Cloud OC isn't tied with that. I don’t know for what reason they didn’t tie it with the EasyTune 6 but I hope that after certain amount of validation, they might be include it very soon.