Thread: Need help in Overclocking Intel Desktop Board DX48BT2

Need help in Overclocking Intel Desktop Board DX48BT2

i simply started working on my new build last night, currently here is that the drawback the board reads my memory at 1066mhz i placed the 2 sticks of ram within the black slots like intel said you required to try to to for the 1600mhz ram. i additionally updated the bios to the newest revision im positive there's some reasonably overclocking i would like to try to to to get the foremost out of my ram, however i used to be hoping somebody had some expertise in overclocking this board... did a look however didnt return up with something on here. if any1 might assist with this matter it might be greatly appreciated... i can even attempt to give the other information that you simply may have.

Thank you

re: Need help in Overclocking Intel Desktop Board DX48BT2

Seems you loaded a xmp memory profile within the bios and bumped the fsb to 400mhz and to this point all appear sensible. But you need to check it , just try to post back the result

Yeah seems like a limitation of the BIOS, as a result of the board is specifically designed to be a 400 bus to figure. It’s going to value BSEL mod to do out, though the 400bus, I even have not seen this.

I recently build my computer and was wondering if somebody might assist me get it overclocked and running stable. My main goal is to overclock the system to get the most effective performance out of my ram and cpu however to stay my system stable. I don’t want it set to the max overclock. I even have not overclocked a mb before thus i used to be wondering if somebody out there incorporates a similar setup to assist me found out mine or may lead me within the right direction. there's a Overclock section within the motherboard's BIOS yet as I even have the Intel Desktop management Center thus whichever is that the best thanks to do it and also the correct settings that I ought to input would be nice.

Do whatever you want to do just keep in mind overclock from BIOS just; don't use an application to try to it.

Don’t understand that board, however you must be able to get that chip to 3.2ghz while not attempting, 3.6 GHz is sometimes achievable straightforward enough.

I even have 1 question. In my ASUS BIOS P5N32-E SLI it lists my CPU FSB at over a thousand MHZ in CPUZ it lists the FSB in a pair of ways that together with the conventional 266x9 mode). thus if I do have my Mem/FSB linked to 1:1 it trys to clock my ram at a thousand MHZ.. i feel my RAM will just handle 800MHZ... thus there is simply no means i might ever be able to do 1:1 mode. is that this okay?

I've already overclocked my q6600 and running at 3ghz too however i still found your post incredibly useful and that i believe it deserves a sticky.

It's sensible you menti1d the FSB settings for quads as some folks get confused because the FSB is stated in thousands. Thus 333 x 4 = 1333 FSB

My present specs are:

1. MSI P6N SLI Platinum
    2. 8600GT
    3. 2GB Corsair XMS a pair of CL4 800mhz
    4. sata wd raptor 150gb

i did reduce my vcore for 1.33v and ram at a 2 of ,average idle temperatures are 32ºC to 37ºC to 54 maximum throughout load

That is actually very much decent temps for a q6600 @ 3.0 GHz. How are you cooling it and did you lap it? Additionally, what TIM are you using?

I would prefer to grasp if there's somebody to assist me in tuning my pc a trifle bit, here is my configuration:

• Motherboard Intel DX48bt2
    • Processor Intel Q9550
    • Memory 2x2GB DDR3 Corsair 1600 1.8v 9-9-9-24 2T

Thanks

Re: Need help in Overclocking Intel Desktop Board DX48BT2

If it is the 9550 set your voltages to the present and let's examine what it will.

CPU vCore 1.35
    MCH 1.55
    FSB 1.45

Try the FSB at 400and move it up from there. Enable loadline calibration Disable C1E, Speedstep, watchdog. And i will go peak at the bios once more to recollect what else.

Just confirm you are not adding "Additional 300mv" that is an choice right on the CPU vCore.