Thread: Not able to change my turbo ratio (4 core)

Not able to change my turbo ratio (4 core)

Hello friends … I hope I get the help from here as I have tried to search all over the net but didn’t got any specific result regarding this. as I’m new to the overclocking and stuff like that, the problem I’m facing is that I tried changing the core values with the help of the gigabyte manual and the thing is that I’m able to change the values from 1 to 3 core and when I tried changing the values of the core 4 what I see is that the all the 4 core values change automatically.

So I would like to know why this is happening. Am I following the right procedure for changing the core values or it happens while doing so…

Re: Not able to change my turbo ratio (4 core)

For this I would like to know which series gigabyte board you are using and what did you follow for changing the core values.

As I said it earlier that I tried following from the manual and also with the help of my friend who had some knowledge regarding this. And I use the P67A-UD7-B3 gigabyte board with an i7 2nd generation processor. So does anyone of you have the perfect knowledge regarding the reason and how can I set it to core 4 value.

As for this I don’t know what wrong you did that is not able to change the turbo ratio to core 4 but according to me you should try changing the BIOS settings to the default and after try doing the same and see that you facing the same issue or not.

According to me the issue you are facing was just same with me, the only thing which I want to tell you is that I tried some of the things which solved many of the issues.

For this what I did is just went to the advanced settings in that I knew that the core settings was 34 for the 4 core which is the topmost. So I just changed the core like this core 1 – 40 , core 2 – 39, core 3 – 38, core 4 – 37. After doing this just save your settings. But for doing this you should have the latest update of your BIOS. If you have not got than it is better you get the latest update of BIOS for your motherboard and then try doing according to this.