Thread: Does 1.522 Core enough for Intel Core i5 Processor Overclocking

Does 1.522 Core enough for Intel Core i5 Processor Overclocking

I am keeping a eye on my cpu vcore. I found that 1.5222 is one stable and the cpu is working on full load. I do not have confidence to go beyond that. So I just want to ask about the sable vcore frequency.

Re: Does 1.522 Core enough for Intel Core i5 Processor Overclocking

I will not recommend you to play with that. The Vcore directly create effect on the cpu life. So you must ensure that your processor must get the most stable power. What you do here is add a better cpu cooler which can help you to gain more frequency without touching the core frequency. The cpu is a precious hardware and any failure can risk it out. If you are planing to keep the overclocked frequency for higher time then you must know more about the most stable vcore settings. Either lower or higher power can destroy the cpu. I am quiet happy to get a good liquid cool system in my system. This is really a nice option provided yet for the overclockers. Because on traditional fan it is not possible for overclocers to gain such a high cpu frequency. If you have a nice cooling option then you can surely go for the same or else stay at the most stable frequency. Run Prime95 type tool and see the report.

Many had tried to push beyond that and they had actively able to use the cpu. But surely finding out the cons for that depends actually on your experience. Ever processor has a different kind of make which varies the result.

I tried to run my Intel Core i5 at 1.7v. It worked nicely. The only difference here is that it was just for some hours and for the next time I did not attempted to go for. If we talk about the most table VID then it depends on the processor itself. This VID value is set from the factory and you cannot go beyond a limit. The cpu usually works on the default settings. Today there are some processors which come with speical overclocking features. This features can be configured from the BIOS itself. The most safe Vcore value which I had noticed is below 1.35v and above that can be a risk. It will generate more heat can destroy your cpu completely. Tools like Prime95 surely works well to give you a better support for the testing purpose. You can simply determine before either your cpu is suitable for overclocking or not. Remember that there are also different version in cpu series which creates a quiet great impact.

If you are playing with the cpu clock rate you must keep a close eye on temperature. If that goes high stop it at once. In the same way you can test it on different frequency range.

Vcore is the cpu core voltage. So if you manipulate the same then you are making modification on the core level and the destruction doe to the same is surely from that point where it cannot be repaired. It is considered that first you must perform some test. After that only overclocking is recommended.There are some tools that can guide you for the process. They can provide you the current vcore voltage on which you can figure out how much more you want.