Thread: How does the BSEL & VID mod works in overclocking

How does the BSEL & VID mod works in overclocking

I had seen some site referring to BSEL mods which can help me to gain more higher frequency on a processor. But I am not able to figure out how this work. I tried reading that many times but stuff goes out of my mind. Is there a kind of software for this.

Re: How does the BSEL & VID mod works in overclocking

No BSEL and VID are not software's. They are kind of technique by which you have to sort the cpu pins to gain more frequency. BSEL is dedicated to gain more processing power while VID is dedicated to gain more voltage.

I have a more detailed explanation on this. It is a risk job and works only for Intel socket 775 processors. I had not found this solution for any other CPU series. There might be some kind of development on the same. I have a better idea about BSEL mod which primarily tends to generate more core speed. With the help of this you can gain a higher processing power. This is not a software but a kind of pin sorting technique. This allows you to modify your hardware and settings take effect automatically. First you will need to enter the bios and configure the FSB. This is very important. Many type of motherboard settings allows you to make changes in the FSB. This is a very important settings. The FSB should be between 800MHz or 1066MHz. Without going with any kind of overclocking tool you can use a small wire to sort two pins and gain a higher frequency. You can find the diagram on web and better go for a color photo. You just need a electrical wire which you can insert in the cpu socket hole and sort two pins.

Every combination of pins allows you to gain different kind of frequencies. This depends on your need. I had seen that diagram. But does that really work. I am not yet able to figure the cons of that process.

Like BSEL, VID lets you to play with cpu voltage. Instead getting more frequency you can gain more voltage and by using any third party software for overclocking you can get more stability. Before overclocking it is recommended that you must run test to check the stability. Because it is important to run on those systems which does not really support overclocking. Second you will also have to reset your BIOS before doing this. It is necessary to apply some kind of mods before running this out. Or else this will not work. There are certain bios mod on the web which you will have to download and run the same. Another important point to take care is the FSB.

Like BSEL, VID lets you to play with cpu voltage. Instead getting more frequency you can gain more voltage and by using any third party software for overclocking you can get more stability. Before overclocking it is recommended that you must run test to check the stability. Because it is important to run on those systems which does not really support overclocking. Second you will also have to reset your BIOS before doing this. It is necessary to apply some kind of mods before running this out. Or else this will not work. There are certain bios mod on the web which you will have to download and run the same. Another important point to take care is the FSB.

This mods are specially for those who does have overclocking support on their motherboard. For example you cannot overclock your system from BIOS. Other than this you do not need to go for this mod.