Thread: Is is possible to pressurize Intel Core i7 at 5.0Ghz

Is is possible to pressurize Intel Core i7 at 5.0Ghz

I have this Intel Core i7 2000K series processor. I just want know that can I pressurize it to 5.0Ghz on 1.4v. I had not tried this but has tested sometime by running tools like OCCT. It looks quiet stable in that, but still I am not to figure that will this work or not. I had seen people working on the same cpu @ 4Ghz for longer time. Other than this I also do not rely on other third party software. I just made this thread to find out consideration that will this work or not so that I can take the risk. I had a liquid cooling support and that is the reason why I am planing to go for 5Ghz. This can be my extreme experience. Also please suggest me some tools that can provide me more information related to my systems stability. Need valuable suggestion on this.

Re: Is is possible to pressurize Intel Core i7 at 5.0Ghz

I think that is possible. The best way to overclock the same is via bios. As this are the factory settings so there is nothing much to do and they are more and more stable.

I can provide you some ratings. I am not sure about 5Ghz but I had found that it is great to go some point above 5. It is important here to play with the voltage support. The ratings differs as per tools. The max what I had seen on the cpu is 4.7ghz @ 1.36v. It will work without crashing. OCCT is a nice tool. I had linked a guide below which has list of some easy to use tools for overclocking. Like Intel burn test (IBT). This is best tool for finding out the system is stable for overclocking or not. I will recommend you to stay safe between 4 and 4.5. More can be destruction if the there is any hardware support. Anyhow if your system is working fine you can just slowly keep on increasing the clock rate. If you have a valid cooler then this is quiet safe.

First download and install two software's. They are Prime 95 and Core Temp. This two tool will give you information whether your system is stable or not. Download the tools, install them and let it run on your system for around a hour. After that when you can see that the cpu temp stays under normal limit and there is no major issue you can go for the same. You can go for features like turbo boost which comes with the motherboard utility. This turbo boost offers you equal core clocking. The voltage regulation is also another important part where it is necessary to ensure that the power is not fluctuating which can result in heating. There are some ware and tare you need to take care before beginning the process.

If you are doing this first then you are putting your system at risk. I had seen people who had fried their process @ 4.5 and higher. So try out but play safe.

Liquid cooling is the plus point you have. This can allow you to go beyond the limit. People has even pressurize the processor @ 5.7 and successfully performed overclocking. Remember that if the power outtage is not proper, it can degrade the life of your processor. This is what is a kind of risk in overclocking. The best way you do is increasing the frequency slowly and testing the computer for sometime. If there is no issue in temperature rise or stability then you can go higher. Intel Core i7 type cpus are quiet stubborn for overclocking.