Thread: How to overclock mobility radeon 7500

How to overclock mobility radeon 7500

I am having the compaq evo n800c. It is very old laptop but I tried to put a new life to it by overclocking but I am not well experienced with the overclocking. The screen starts blinking and sometimes it gets blank. I am having ATI utility for overclocking. I am posting this over here to have some tips from you people for this so that it will be helpful for me to understand this. Thank you so much in advance for replying.

Re: How to overclock mobility radeon 7500

For the overclocking you must have enough knowledge to do that before starting and there are many softwares needed to see the performance of the system. You can monitor temperatures with HWMonitor and GPU-Z. The clock limits depend on your card and its manufacturing quality that you can not predict. This is the reason that there is no Stability tests. Every game is having different requirements for the card. Generally I would advise against overclocking in the notebooks. Because temperature of the system goes out of the limit. Moreover, the few percent performance increase will not make the card even more suitable for gaming. This is my personal suggestion to you. You can do whatever you like.

Overclocking may also leads to create noise from the system and to avoid noise or extended temperatures temperature of the system, we recommend the use of switches for the fans to turn them on and so they are really needed when you overclock your computer. I mean to say that you will have to adjust the speed of the fan accordingly.

I also never recommend overclocking as many of the times I have seen that overclocking damages the system permanently. But if the laptop is very old then you can do some experiment with that but I will never recommend that with the new system.

There are various guides available on internet that you can search and read to have more knowledge of Overclocking. There are many of the negative points about overclocking. First is by overclocking the CPU, it voids the warranty form the manufacturer. The main risk of overclocking is to toast the CPU overheating by applying an excessively high voltage.

There is only one thing that I can recommend you and that is, you must take backup of all your data from the PC as that will prevent you from losing an data if something wrong happens while overclocking.

If you are new with the overclocking then my suggestion to you is to read for some tutorial and guide for overclocking. If you search for this on internet then you will get a lot of results for this. After that you will get idea that how to start and what are the precautions to be taken.