Thread: Overclocking Intel Core i7 3930k with great results

Overclocking Intel Core i7 3930k with great results

Currently I am looking for a way to overclock Intel Core i7 3930k processor. AS it is a new processor I couldn’t get a good guide or instruction page for help. So I has overclocked it by myself but couldn’t get the excellent result. Can anyone help me to accomplish the task?

Re: Overclocking Intel Core i7 3930k with great results

In games this CPU is not faster than Sandy Bridge, i.e. the relationship is no difference and the difference they can always find only the multicore benchmarks, probably not otherwise. Unless you use so much multi-core applications, it is OK. Furthermore, the overclocking is as regulated as in 1155, across all the cores on the multi turbo mode and moves the fixed voltages, done.

Agree with you on almost all points. As a gamer you that platform, even in two years will not need it, because by then are already significantly better on the market. And points to the PCI-E 3.0, as long as the manufacturers do not make PCI-E 1.0 to benefit fully from the 3.0 brings you nothing. And that will not change so quickly. But otherwise you're absolutely right on. Although I am more in favor, the SB-E is a platform for applications and is not intended primarily for gaming.

To assess the contribution of one of the only real differences brought by the 3960X expensive: the presence of 15MB against 12MB of L3 cache to 3930K. To do this, both CPUs have been pushed to 4.6GHz before a small set of benches.

For overclocking, the limits would hamper the achievement of high frequencies. This certainly does not bring happiness to those many users who, equipped with Core 2 Duo E8600, were able to exceed 4 GHz with air cooling. Intel has revealed that the Overspeed Protection mechanism added to Core i7 is intended As a security precaution for server applications, desktop and mobile low-power, all environments where the architecture Nehalem will house the next year.

The overclcock cpu done with knowledge of the facts and common sense hardly poses a problem. To minimize such risks, and obtain good results, you must read up properly. Never change vestments do not know the function of which especially the voltages. Please keep in mind that there is always a minimum of risk. However, no one takes responsibility (it moral or material) for any damage and / or data loss caused to your system, any operation always do on your PC at your own risk and under your responsibility.

Intel is aware of having a large following among overclocking and, despite early results, expect new like in the future. Many manufacturers of motherboards integrate the BIOS setting to bypass the mechanism Overspeed Protection.