Thread: Overclock AMD Phenom II X4 965 BE on ASUS M4A87TD EVO

Overclock AMD Phenom II X4 965 BE on ASUS M4A87TD EVO

I am going to start overclocking. I have a computer with AMD Phenom II X4 965 BE and ASUS M4A87TD EVO mobo. When I tried via ASUS AI, I got 3.6 ghz but that was not stable. For that reason I have reset the BIOS to default settings. Now do you think that the overclock disabled? Because now I couldn’t able to overclcock normally.

Re: Overclock AMD Phenom II X4 965 BE on ASUS M4A87TD EVO

So I can tell from my position that my Phenom II X4 955 with a Vcore of 1.475 V (1.5 V then read) at 3.8 GHz using multi (x19) running smoothly. With more than 65 ° C with Prime95 can be achieved. Overall, it is completely stable and there are no difficulties. However, one should also pay attention to the Northbridge and Southbridge voltages. Plus, we have the CPU and the NB Voltage Multi Northbridge is important. To avoid such you should seek advice from an experienced overclocker.

I have the same processor and same motherboard as you.

The ASUS Core Unlocker should be the same as Intel's hyperthreading, but I feel nothing of it ...

When my motherboard was a CD (or DVD ..?) With all kinds of programs here, including a program called ASUS TurboV EVO, so you can be lead by a kind of auto-tuning. The program itself overclock and verifies that the system is stable. So you have to do anything at all in the BIOS!

When testing you go always a number in FID (CNQ P0) higher and test the CPU with Prime or LinX. Temperature in mind. I have such a wrong temperature display, so I stop at 45 C, because the principle is shown to me too low. When the CPU becomes unstable when you have a number CPUVoltage go higher. I do not know exactly how much the maximum "safe" voltage for your CPU / should be.

Unlock the core function is to activate only when partially disabled AMD CPUs remaining cores and / or cache. With a Phenom II X4 965, there is nothing to unlock what. Overclocking in the BIOS you need to operate separately.

I have a latest version of BIOS with 0 changes. Otherwise, on undervolting met, would have the CPU of 1.4 volts to 1.3 volts and then down to 1.25, which led to supporting, so I had been introduced to the hopper to behold it, where I just noticed that my board to the CPU voltage was 1:26, which said change how the whole story is much improved but Free crash the computer still does not.

I have one very similar, the Phenom II X4 955. With the heatsink that comes from the factory, so I could speed up its stock 3.2 Ghz, to 4.03 Ghz and hardly exceed that same level of heating fully loaded. I did not modify any of the core voltage and memory speed. I have it at 200 MHz front and a 20X multiplier, resulting in a net speed of 4.0 Ghz. I tried uploading it to 4.8 (i.e., 200 X 24), but becomes very unstable and would have to raise your voltage. Besides, would need to put liquid cooling, above the 4.4 because the temperature is raised in normal load at 55 C, and use top of 75 degrees, to which plane to disconnect the power cord to turn it off immediately.

AMD also claims that, with the appearance of the C3-stepping, the overclocking potential of the CPU is increased. On this point we took the test case, the air overclockable processor and comparing the results with those of the "old" Phenom II X4 965 with C2 stepping. Well you can try your own with this multiplier, or if it rises above 60 C, return to an inferior. And if you have a liquid coolant, and it did. Also well remembers those levels of speed, the north bridge gets hot enough, and is extremely mandatory put a fan on its aluminum (even double-sided taped) to cool it. Men and women are worth careful nuclei having the processor.

By applying a voltage, 5V (excessive enough parameters) on the motherboard Asus M4A79T Deluxe, we managed to reach 4 GHz with Phenom II X4 965 clocked at 3.4 GHz. This configuration, however, proved unstable and we went back down to 3.9 GHz.

As always with AMD, overclocking is not fussy. If we are of course managed to overclock our processor, the goal we set ourselves, namely 4 GHz, is unfortunately remained out of reach, despite numerous attempts ... unsuccessful. Our best result is obtained without special efforts will have been to spend our processor 3.4 GHz to 3.85 GHz by setting the multiplier x 17.5 on a bus frequency of 220 MHz. The result is a functional system, and without other advanced setting.

Finally with my vcore to 1.45 V and a multiplier 19 which is a 3.8 Ghz overclock stable under OCCT for 1 h at the max of 50 ° C.