Thread: NVIDIA GeForce GT 555M Overclocking

NVIDIA GeForce GT 555M Overclocking

I have just overclocked my new XPS for a slight amount. It is running with NVIDIA GeForce GT 555M. So i thought that is a good option to overclock it. i heard that this card is great for overclockers. After that again i overclocked some more but the temps were stable and no issues at all while playing crysis games. i can get more than 20 FPS. I will now going to check 3D Benchmark 11 scores.

Re: NVIDIA GeForce GT 555M Overclocking

The 555m can play in medium to high for most games. After I do not know what resolution to match these results.

The 540m is a notch below but can also run games through.

The GeForce 555M seems to be quite suitable for game, in combination with "only" one (probably sufficient) dual-core Sandy Bridge i5 would probably the heat in the frames remain. But what I concern as the resolution, Full HD is already rather violently for a notebook. WoW has a very large field for the graphics settings, since it can play with almost every mill, but if you have a high end system, it just looks more comfortable in, with you it would be something in the middle.

You must do this separately. In addition, you need a software and games graphically greedy enough to validate your OC. You should increase the frequency of the GPU core and then you test FurMark. The artifacts you have, you can tone down an OC and test it on a game like greedy dirt with 2 AA shadows etc ... Then you do the same thing for the memory and shaders.

The Option you have is to see the performance of your GPU. You should directly force the use of the gt555 in the global configuration 3D settings, or you'll be forced to use any graphics application GT555 default to whatever it is, but do not recommend you leave it, because this way you lose all the advantages of the Intel that are the best use of energy .

Above all, I think it's good that you took on the differences in the GPU's. However, I must point at your CPU / GPU combination disagree. This is really awesome, because the CPU is finally in relation to the GPU. Although the i7 makes for a very high 3D Mark scores increased, but in practice (considering the relatively weak GPU) is hardly the FPS. Therefore becomes one of enabling relatively cheaper entry-level gamers and gamers can also choose not to like the i7.

We test in 3DMark 06 1280x800 pixels.

That comes from the good old days, in which the laptops were equipped with 16:10 displays.

That the CPU will slow somewhat the 3D games, you can see quite well in World in Conflict. This creates the Medion only about 2 / 3 of the FPS, as with the combination of i7 and GT 555M are possible.

Dedicated memory is anything and everything, as the manufacturer decides it means. The mean that your card is equipped with DDR3 for Dell and pump it out of the 6 GB of DDR3, so what? One GB of DDR5, it would have been a bit better for you, not for Dell This is the onboard memory on the card, which is limited to 1536 MB.

The performance of the GT 555M is strongly dependent on the version (number of shaders, clock speed, graphics memory interface and type). As a result, performance varies in 3DMark 06 as of 8857 points (Y570) to 13000 points (MSI GX780R). The most frequently encountered with DDR3 and 144 shader version is 10000-12000 points. The Y570 version is actually a GeForce GT 550M thereby.

Once installed any drivers other than Dell, for any graphical application running with your NVIDIA plate 555 is necessary to go to NVIDIA control panel and on the 3d configuration choose the file . exe (if not listed must add) that will use either a board game or a benchmark as furmark. It is not always necessary to do this but I recommend not to waste time and you make sure your motherboard is dedicated which is responsible for running the games