Thread: Dell Studio XPS 16 GPU overclocking

Dell Studio XPS 16 GPU overclocking

The Dell XPS 16 running with a good GPU. it is already boosted with a high level performance. but still i want to play with it more. i mean overclocking it. does anyone had already done it. How could be the performance and temps of the GPU if a overclock it a bit?

re: Dell Studio XPS 16 GPU overclocking

In my first attempts, I'm gone times GPU clock to 800Mhz and 1000Mhz RAM clock, that is +23% and +25% on the GPU Ram. This is an amazing amount, especially when Ram and puts one suspects that it is not DDR3 but DDR3 Memory. Further, I dare not, because this is already a huge increase and I am afraid that something breaks. I have to leave the OC again Furmark and 3DMark run.

Overclock the video card brings improved performance, in games, 3D applications (CAD, 3ds max, etc.), and programs that take advantage of CUDA.

If not exploiting these programs, overclocking the video card will be useless.

Amazingly, I find that the temperature only climbs to 70 ° C which I do not quite understand because the power loss normally increases linearly with the clock. The higher the clock is actually very good when you see the 3DMark points. The total number now stands at 9652nd The scores at SM2.0 is now on 3611Pkt. climbed those are +22%, when HDR/SM3.0 it does not look much different because there are now 4572 which is a plus of 23%. When the CPU score has not done much as expected and is now at 2927Pkt.

From overclock the notebook's graphics card, I strongly advise against. The thing you scorched by faster than you can say clock. It's just how the laptops are only conditionally suitable for play. The 435m is now not really a surprise performance. Simply adjusting the resolution in the game down a bit ...

Dell introduced its XPS 730X, a PC for gamers equipped with a Core i7 965. And surprising news, Dell allows to overclock the machine. While the firm had accustomed us in general to machines with virtually no option of this type (and better with a factory overclock), it's quite interesting to note that. Note of course that the H2C version, better cooled, is more interesting and that we should not expect miracles, even though the Core i7 processor is good for this kind of exercise. Finally, we find just a shame that Dell does not offer a more graphical and user-friendly tool that passage through the BIOS SETUP.

Re: Dell Studio XPS 16 GPU overclocking

Dell does produce motherboards with their specific models, so no need to seek official bios. Look at random on the Dell website, if there is no update of the bios that allows overclocking.