Thread: Turbo boost not working properly in HP Pavilion dv6-6121tx

Turbo boost not working properly in HP Pavilion dv6-6121tx

I have recently bought HP Pavilion dv6-6121tx and I that I will be able to see turbo boost in action but then it is not happening so. I have heard that it should boost up to 2.9ghz but then it is not going above 2ghz in my laptop. I have tried to find out regarding it and o have found that it should go above 2ghz without any problem even though if it is worked heavily but I don’t have the same case and I have never found it going over 2ghz. Ant help regarding the same will be appreciated.

Re: Turbo boost not working properly in HP Pavilion dv6-6121tx

I have recently bought HP Pavilion dv6-6121tx and I that I will be able to see turbo boost in action but then it is not happening so. I have heard that it should boost up to 2.9ghz but then it is not going above 2ghz in my laptop. I have tried to find out regarding it and o have found that it should go above 2ghz without any problem even though if it is worked heavily but I don’t have the same case and I have never found it going over 2ghz. Ant help regarding the same will be appreciated.
    First of all I just check if you have the turbo boost driver in your laptop. Just go to start and then go to control panel and then go in to administrative tool and then just go in to the device manager and the you will get a window and in the right pane of the window there will be a list of drivers just check if you are having the turbo boost driver over there or not. If you might be having it then it should be in the list, just check it out and then let me know what you get.

I am aware of the turbo boost driver and I am not having it in the device manager and I have also tried to install it but then I am getting a message which says that I don’t have the requirements that it needs and I don’t know why. I have also tried to search for it in the laptop but then I did not have anything related to the turbo boost. What should I do know? Please help!!

I am aware of the turbo boost driver and I am not having it in the device manager and I have also tried to install it but then I am getting a message which says that I don’t have the requirements that it needs and I don’t know why. I have also tried to search for it in the laptop but then I did not have anything related to the turbo boost. What should I do know? Please help!!
    I don’t know how come you are not able to install it because I am using the same laptop and just take a look below I am having it and I did not had any problem in installing it as well:

I am really shocked after seeing this I mean if you have installed it then why I am not able to do so, here is my screen shot from the device manager:

What should I do know??

I will like to inform you that there are 2 versions of turbo boost and they are 1.0 or 2.0, respectively and I am not sure about the one you have tried. I am having the 1.0. in my case and even though I am not sure that this is making some kind of difference but then I will suggest you to try to install both of them and see if you are able to install any one of them or not. Actually the 1.0 is for the 1st generation of the core i processors where as the 2.0 is for 2nd generation core i processors. Just check it out and then let me know what you find.

Yes I am aware of that and I am having core i processors but then I have found that it is still not working and it is not making any difference. I have also tried to check in the bios to see if there is some king of setting or it is disabled or something but then I have not found anything like that. I tried out something I mean that I went in to the hp coolsense and then selected the performance mode and this is what I have got.

I did the same and I am getting turbo boosting in the monitor as 2.8ghz but then I have also found that if the your fan settings in hp coolsense is not in performance op. mode then the turbo boost will not work and the other thing that I have found is that you won’t be able to change the turbo boost but then you can change the fan settings I mean that you can try to disable it or enable it so just try to see if doing that is making any difference. I have enabled in my case, try it out and then let me know what you get. If it still does not help then I will suggest you to contact the hp support and see if they are helping you out.

Hey I have tried changing the fan settings as well but then it is still not helping me out. I think that I should go to the place from where I have bought it and I will get it replaced. Thanks for your help so far and I really appreciate it as well.