Thread: Overclocking Msi 785gtm-e45

Overclocking Msi 785gtm-e45

I started my tests with: FSB set at 200 MHz CPU and a set of several to15.5. I then proceeded to the many initially reach 1.0 to 17.5 and from there continued in increments of 0.5. I learned into action my OC maximum voltages of 3.8 GHz when testing with Prime95. I did however until at 3.9GHz and while Prime95 crashed about 15 minutes mark. I carried my CPU-NB at 2.4 GHz, but still no improvement.

I saw my stress on the CPU-Z showed 1.384volts silence. So I thought maybe its to do with the new BIOS, so I downloaded the new CPU-Z and still showed the tension that 1.384volts. So I checked my bios and shows 1.55volts.

Being a little confused by that I jumped into the laptop and searched the net looking for answers. I found a post where a man linked to a Taiwan website in which he said that the motherboard has to have a resistance in order to adjust the voltage. So there goes my dream of 4.0 GHz

Re: Overclocking Msi 785gtm-e45

From reading g00gle successes, most of late 2009, is clearly one more tip. To wait long to try to change the CPU Vcore and discover that it was N0t adaptable without a modification to the motherboard. NEC 3.0 or later, an adjustment is supposed to permit "true" Vcore. You be supposed to contact MSI Technical Support to decide if they be able to be of any assist to you. That's the only method to regulate Vcore.

I agree that I waited a long time. The reason is that I was not a complete novice to the PC for a long time. I only used the PC for games and what not. Now that the bug has bitten decided to overclock my PC. It’s great if it turns out that you can adjust the voltages but not if it’s no big deal. I’m just getting the feel of overclocking at the moment.

I, of course, make a deep research for my next PC before spending any money. Thanks for the advice to contact MSI. I'll do that and see how it goes.

Good luck with MSI. I am of a mind that will do little for the age of the plate. MSI is not marked time warranty and I hope and even out of warranty. It is sure to be know as that is what everything I've read about the changes that really did nothing, said to do. MSI was the contact Technical Support.

Quote Originally Posted by TonyaSingh View Post
    Good luck with MSI. I am of a mind that will do little for the age of the plate. MSI is not marked time warranty and I hope and even out of warranty. It is sure to be know as that is what everything I've read about the changes that really did nothing, said to do. MSI was the contact Technical Support.
    Most of the major board of the manufacturer's contract for one year boars, I imagine. For future reference, I would go away from MSI next time. Its quality has fallen in recent years.

I probably would not MSI for my next table. At the time this current PC was built I do not know much a bout of parts. on the whole, if it was compatible and reasonably priced, I have. nevertheless now that I have a little knowledge and my own money to spend I will do a better job at the next PC I build.