Thread: Overclocking Biostar TA790GXB3

Overclocking Biostar TA790GXB3

I have a Biostar TA790GXB3 (as the title) and have the characteristic ACC, nevertheless the online search cannot locate a single post to even be able to unlock my AMD Phenom Black Edition II 555 X2. I be acquainted with that the release is almost lucky, but I hope that maybe I'm getting some accurate settings.

One scenario is that I wonder if I cannot do this (beside the fact that I may have a faulty processor for unlocking) is for the motive that I have no ECC or whatever firmware option to set up a hybrid.

Re: Overclocking Biostar TA790GXB3

I have no precise specifications same as you, although about justice. I have the
    • Biostar TA790GX 128M
    • SE 550 CPU

Ensure that all 4 cores on mine unlocked is by simply clicking on "Activate ACC" in the bios. One thing I'm thinking about with the release of these plates is the BIOS that is installed. My current BIOS is dated 13/01/0.

I'll probably try different BIOS versions to see if you can get to unlock the nuclei. Of course, there is always the possibility that it was advertised as a dual-core, and you get what you paid.

I notice online that frequent of the instructions of 128M will be unlocked. One trouble with my board is the oldest of firmware is simply 5 months old and was sent to the board. I rationalized the BIOS to the most recent beta to observe if no matter which changed. It also seems to have a 550. The unlock further often than the 555s. One thing I wonder about if you're doing dissimilar settings in the bios me more than the others. I do not know if I have to give more power, but that does not give up until you try one of the best CPU coolers can also be found.

As I said, good luck on the chip that I bought, so I had to do much digging / testing to get it unlocked. But I do remember reading that the voltage up just a bit has had some positive results to bring about additional cores.

I'm still trying to lean dissimilar BIOS versions though.

Unlock 4 cores, but when I boot screen the system restarts. Adding more tension to the base, it does not start at all.I think only 3 lights are on. Does this mean that the fourth nucleus is probably dead? If that is what the link lights mean.

Quote Originally Posted by Bethany Johson View Post
    Unlock 4 cores, but when I boot screen the system restarts. Adding more tension to the base, it does not start at all.I think only 3 lights are on. Does this mean that the fourth nucleus is probably dead? If that is what the link lights mean.
    I do not know the details on the indicators for power status, but I have a curiosity about the other two LED indicators show. If not lit, then it is an error in CPU / chipset, according to the manual.

In general, increasing the vCore is what is needed if the default settings do not work. Since you've tried that I'm not sure what else to suggest.

There are a total of 6 LEDs on the board. 4 are indicators of energy status and 2 are the debug flags. Just as in the manual. That only shows how hard the CPU is running, not how many cores are active.

I have the same board and a Phenom II X2 545 X4 unlocked a B45. All I did was to enter the BIOS and select the CAC Auto HT Link 1600. I have not changed at all BIOS. I learned that there was a probability of 70% chance to unlock it so maybe you just got a nucleus with one or more wrong.

You can also play with the settings ACC (per core). I'm not convinced about central leveling on the identical page of the BIOS; nevertheless I set mine for all cores. Further options include single fundamental force, Dual Core and Core Strength Tri Force. You can also attempt to set ACC to 2% in the cores 3 and 4. Simply could not function if you have one of the 30% who just will not unlock.

I do not understand the options to force any number of cores. I've seen a couple of times. I am able to acquire another 555 or even 550 for the reason that it does not cost much. I build computers, so you are able to always make use of the spare wheel.

On the T-series of the BIOS under the ACC option (which I imagine you said was set to Auto). Be supposed to be the preceding item on the page. I imagine the leveling alternative is Core. Anyhow, my BIOS is A78DB-A3T. I do not know if that helps. You can always go to the support page Biostar technology. I set up last night. You have to go to Taiwan page and then opt English.

They might be able to provide more information. However, remember that not all the X2 will be unlocked. The new 890 series boards have a particular characteristic where you immediately hit F4 at startup and will be unlocked.

For the moment I think I'll just try to OC it. I build computers so if I can buy another processor, then I will try to unlock again.if i got any further queries . i will let you know