Thread: Overclock Intel i5 2500k with stock CPU Fan

Overclock Intel i5 2500k with stock CPU Fan

Has anyone successfully overclocked the i5 2500k? I am using the hyper 212 however I failed despondently at placing it on. Therefore I presently ditched it as well as ended the assemble. I overclocked the day behind the assemble to 4.2 and ran Intel burn going on elevated settings and that resulted into 1 core ahead a maximum of 81C. On normal test though I think it didn’t acquire hotter than 73C. When I played the game, then it was about 67C. The card actually gets and it seems to me that my overclocking was unsuccessful.

re: Overclock Intel i5 2500k with stock CPU Fan

That's hard to say, not flat, it is the CPU (each CPU is different) and cooling (including housing) dependencies (other components like RAM, the board and of course play a role)! But I have already read this several times with a good cooling + - 4500MHz will be splashing around?

As for i5 2500 (I guess no OC) if I seem a little high between 65 and 70 C temperatures of the cores, you say that with the fan at 900rpm, and he has not said anything, so presumably than full load will go to the full, and if it is without OC but has a temperature of 35 C to me at least I seem a little high, probably why I said you have the fan on the top of the box getting air instead of drawing, and secondly because it says that the heatsink may not be well established ...

In my case also the worry is that the cpu heats a lot and I do not know why. At startup, the BIOS indicate an increase max 87, confirmed by Speedfan when I pass under windows (7 pro) at 85. I changed the thermal paste in place on the cooler (2 times, because I thought not to have been quite the first, but AC has nothing changed) I have checked that the fan was snug on the CPU. I know this cpu is really not great, but it is unthinkable that he is the cause of this rise in temperature

Make sure there are no bugs in the temperature readings HWMonitor, Real Temp and Core Temp to get reliable data and passes the Lynx to the maximum memory and Prime95 without losing sight of temperatures no higher than 80 ° in any core (in stock should be much lower). Prove that the system is stable and cooler before overclocking is essential, but then if you encounter problems (which need not) do not know if it was a problem and to overclock or whether it was before or what caused the same overclock.

Re: Overclock Intel i5 2500k with stock CPU Fan

Anyway you would have to go to the manufacturer's website and download the most current bios. Then reformat a flash drive (to eliminate possible bugs) and there put the decompressed file (if compressed course). Later in the same driver DVD that came with the motherboard, you would have to get a program called BIOS or something like DES to update the flash drive, once past the bios files and plugged into the USB. Then when you open the program that that will be on the DVD of the modern, as you say where is the Pen, and pointing out where is the bios file you say so. and waiting a minute or less loaded, restart, and that's it.
    If you do overclock, pure and simple, and input, as if advisable, but when you set the overclock you're going to leave, and if you can activate at the same time energy options, even better, but to play, for me it is best to always turn it off to go to the full.