Thread: MSIsystem fails when clicking OC button in bios

MSIsystem fails when clicking OC button in bios

Turn on the computer fans / drives / motherboard powers up. A few seconds later, it shut down again, then powers up again. This is repeated indefinitely. I can not hear error beeps. How I came to this state? My system would crash every time you click (mouse) button in BIOS OC (no OC Genie button) after 5 seconds or less. So I decided to update the BIOS. At first I tried the USB tool on this website, but did not work at all (can not boot from a flash drive 2 GB NEW FAT format, which did nothing but use the tool) and when I clicked "repair "it crashed at some point, and utterly destroyed / damaged flash drive that requires a disk management format.

Re: MSIsystem fails when clicking OC button in bios

Have you tried booting with one memory module installed in DIMM1? When the system "remains the" I guess there is no power to USB ports on the back or? You have not mentioned explicitly in relation to the "system remains" scenario. That's why I ask, thinking that the system can somehow be stuck in the "BIOS boot from USB" mode. There should be a status LED near the two BIOS chips. Is the lighting in some way? L backup BIOS automatically "kick in" When corruption in the main BIOS chip is detected. But somehow, this seems to happen in your case

Yes, they are soldered to the board. Can be eliminated by welding done, but it's probably not an option for you, especially since it is not even yet established that the problem really is the corruption of the BIOS of some sort. You can see the two chips near the head JSPI1 Pin (both chips should have a label on which the factory BIOS / EFI print on them (for example, E7681IMS 1xx). The JSPI1 is basically a programming interface for BIOS chip and yes, with a suitable programming device can be used to reprogram the chip (at least the primary).

This means that Live Update actually perform a downgrade of the BIOS. There is no reason to believe that what we basically lost proper BIOS / EFI Support for your processor (BIOS, as such, is not damaged, it seems that just does not meet the basic steps of the initialization system (processor / memory initialization). From what I understand their "steps were taken" the report, not immediately clear CMOS after the upgrade to v1.1 was conducted. So maybe the changes are not fully in place here.

Standard AMI BIOS implementations had been incorporated into the BIOS recovery routine that could be triggered by pressing CTRL + Start right after the boot. The BIOS / EFI implementations in this forum are based on AMI code APTI. Unfortunately, even IAM does not provide any useful documentation on the status of a routine AMI BIOS code Apti implementations. But in any case, even if I had a routine to enable a flash recovery procedure, the system would have to stay on and not off several times.

I think the reason is that the AMI has no defined error code for any scenario that is caught in the transition from standard BIOS code (AMIBIOS8) to Apti / EFI code brought a totally different BIOS code. The initialization cycle is different and so are the usual checkpoints BIOS. This is the official AMI Apti "status codes Apti 4.x" data sheet. It has the subtitle "The checkpoints and beep codes for debugging." With proper cleaning device would theoretically be possible to intercept these status codes to find that checkpoint and restart system hangs. However, I'm not sure if the old school PCI Diagnostic Card (which are available for little money) are compatible with the new Apti / EFI Architecture.

This makes sense. So tell me if I understand correctly some 1.4-CMOS data was still in the system, allowing the processor to run at less than 1.1. But when I started the 1.6 BIOS file, the data was lost, and 1.1 was no longer able to work with my processor. The BIOS itself is running so it will not fire the second chip to give a possible solution is that somehow deliberately corrupted BIOS (by shorting some pins maybe), forcing the second tab to put.