Thread: What do you mean by the term overclocking ?

What do you mean by the term overclocking ?

Hey guys I am a student and new to this Technology world. Recently I bought a new computer which is working fine up till now. Last Friday I went out to my friend house he is a computer nerd and they were discussing about overclocking how the process work and everything was going on top on my head . this was the first time I ever heard about the word overclocking . But if it’s anything to do with my computer performance I would really like to know about it. Can anyone explain me what is overclocking? and how it is work

Re: What do you mean by the term overclocking ?

If you don’t know anything about overclocking then there are various site to help you just Google the question and you will find may answer but until you don’t get the proper knowledge don’t use it because it is more complicated stuff and overclocking can make your device to get over heated . so unless you don’t want to cook chicken in to your pc then don’t try it . Still you want to use it it’s all on your own risk. If you need to get information just Google you query you will definatly find answer

The term overclocking is bit sophisticated as well as very simple. Let’s take for example a processer say core i7 of certain model of certain speed. Let it be 920 if the stock speeds are 2.66 ghz and if we over clock core i7 it will take it to somewhere above 2.66ghz , its depend whether or not increase the voltage varies on the processor . However some like me always like to keep processer under volt. I hope this may make your query answered .

Hi guy like you I also have a small query regarding overclocking as I am also like you don’t have any idea about this stuff . by reading what is posted I can only understand that its basically use to change the speed of the hardware in computer but really I don’t understand how dose its overheat the system . Please guys help me out here if it’s useful an robust then I will definitely use it in my machine. The complicated is still very complicated for me a little help here please

Overclocking is the process of running a computer part at a top clock rate than it was intended for or was definite by the manufacturer, usually adept by fanatic seeking an boost in the performance of their computers. To run a microchip faster than the pace for which it has been tested and permitted. Overclocking is a popular technique for seeking out a little more performance from a system. Hope this will solve your query. But be careful before you use this process

This is become very popular among the people recently . and some are using this process even though them don’t really want the . for example if you kept your computer on say some room where there is no air conditioner available or any such cooling agent the if you overclocked your computer then it will get heated and there will be no means to keep it cooler. Setting the over clock so that the CPU will run quicker than its pace speed. Not a recommended practice. You should avoid this