Thread: Unable to overclock Asrock p67 professional

Unable to overclock Asrock p67 professional

I have assembled new pc few days back. Whose configuration is
    ->CPU: I7 2600K
    ->Memory: 16GB (4x4GB) G.Skill DDR3 1600
    ->Motherboard: Asrock P67 Profess1onal Fatal1ty board
    ->Cooling: Corsair H70
    Yesterday I have decided to the overclocking of system. Since I want to see what is the capability of my system to overclock. While doing this I am facing a problem. Motherboard has bios with the version of 1.3. I have turn of all the c states and speedstepping. OC Tweaking category of the UEFI BIOS there is a speedstepping option which I tried to disable and enable. In Advanced -> Northbridge Category there 4 options which deals with c state. I have tried all the options in it. Tried different combination with enable or disable all the possible bios options available in it.
    After all the settings I have done. I am running at following cpu speeds
    4.4 Ghz = 1.30v @ 33C idle
    4.6 Ghz = 1.35v @ 34C idle
    4.8 Ghz = 1.40v @ 36C idle
    5.0 Ghz = 1.48v @ 39C idle
    I am actually facing problem when I reach 50c temp. I have drop down to 4.2 Ghz when I reached temprature to 55c I have drop to 4,0Ghz when I reach 60c I have drop to around 3.9Ghz. this is really annoying to me. If everything that is speedstepping is enabled still my speed is 1.6Ghz. when I turn on prime95 I will reach maximum temperature.
    What is the problem can anyone suggest me solution

Re: Unable to overclock Asrock p67 professional

So actually your cpu temperature goes down automatically .still speedstep is on. And it will reach its maximum limit when you enable prime95. And the bios you are using are UEIF 1.3. So I think it is the problem with bios you are using in the board. so check for latest version of bios over the Asrock site. Download it and update your bios to latest version it can solve the problem.

I think you are overclocking system really higher. Due to overheating you are causing such a problem I don’t think the board is capable of that much higher clock speed. You can try to enable or disable heat protection in hardware monitor section in BIOS. Try both the setting and check if it solves the problem. Also try to do this try to check PPL overvolt protection. Check what happens when you keep on and check it when you keep off.

I am also facing some problem while overclocking my fatality. I am new in overclocking. I have entered in bios and enabled load optimized cpu oc settings. I have tried all the setting. But cant able to overclock. I have tried 4.2 Ghz setting and left all the setting auto. But still fails to overclock. Can you provide me solution to overclock. I am using core i7 2600K. and I want to overclock it around 4.4 to 4.6Ghz.

I have one solution for you which you can try will solve the issue. Do the following steps.
    First turn on speedstep and you can on c state if you want enable lower ideal speed to enable lower power consumption. With speedstep option on you can able to access turbo power limit option. Short and long limits are available there. Here we have to do changes. Change short limit to 180 from 115. And change long limit to 140 from 95. Save the settings. Now you can keep 4.7 Ghz steady with prima95.temprature will be around 68c.

I am having i5 2500k and I am able to get around 5.3 GHz on AsRock Fatality board. I have tried all the various voltages and multiplier. To avoid the overheating the system will automatically drop the multiplier. I have applied shot duration maintained to 140 watts setting for around 4 seconds. I have checked it with the volt meter. If you use 3 to 4 cores multiplier drops. So that 100 watts limit will not breach.

Thanks for the solution. I have tried what you said. And right now my CPU is at 5.0Ghz @ 1.53 volt and its stable. I have settled LLC setting to auto. But it will be giving problem. So I have changed it to 5. Now its steady. Temperature is around 40. After doing the overclocking I have checked windows system retting which is around 7.8. Which is really good. But I think that it will reach 7.9 but it never reach that ratting.