Thread: Is 75 degree ok with a graphic card?

Is 75 degree ok with a graphic card?

Hello friends from years I have been using a laptop and from some days I have got a desktop and now I have a problem with the temperature of GPU when I was using laptop the GPU (9300m GS) would idle under 40 and max out at 61. And now over this desktop the scene is I am seeing a 40c idle and 75 under load. Sp please suggest me if this is normal or not please help me suggest something what to do over this?

Re: Is 75 degree ok with a graphic card?

Not exactly you’re "good", but it seems that most users of the 4800 series cards and refrigerators values are increasingly similar temperatures. To extend the life of your card, maybe you should change the BIOS automatic fan control keeps the card around 60. Or you can manually turn the fan; I think 40-50% fan speed is very good, but just loud. So I think once you need to get it checked and get some help from your engineer and hopefully he would make it better.

Well, if you want to see if you can do something about it w / o buying new refrigerator, I recommend removing the cold stock and clean the thermal compound and apply the values AS5 or similar product and see if you can get your card generate less heat. I have mine to run 10-13 degrees cooler that way, so I recommend it. Just be careful when unscrewing the video card cooler / fan. If the damage anyway, I am not responsible for what we know. But is not that hard anyway.

Well, I would say don `t worry about temperatures. In fact, it `s fine if the temperatures below 100 degrees Celsius. Just check in the control of paneland NV see what the temperature threshold for the kernel. It `s 127 degrees Celsius, I think. So if everything is working and not getting any strange artifacts in games, you should not worry. So don’t panic just enjoy your pc.

Well it depends on which card you have and what cooling system you have. Mine stays at a cool temperature of 37 degrees Celsius. How every time your card becomes 75 degrees. I recommend going to catalyst control making center and the fans run faster. That will help little. But 165 is 10 degrees above normal for my card and maybe not for yours. I have a 4650. And if nothing is helping out then you need to get it checked up with the service center.

It's a little on top. I have dual-GPU on one of my pieces, but NVIDIA says that `s ok? Before you get another fan, make sure that all vents are clean and clear. However, never twice NVIDIA GTX 470 in my latest PC top six go beyond 41c. Download GPUZ to precisely control the temperature cards. I do not care what it says nvidia, I believe that high temperatures can `t be good in the long run.

75 degree is not ok i don't think this is fine i think you should get it checked once because this is not actually fine i too have desktop and it hardly reaches up to 66 or 68 sometime in-spite of playing games a lot i dont think you must be playing games more than me this would be really a big problem if it continues better than that you get it checked and get it solved before it create some other problem to you.

Ya it is ok i think some where i readed that it is ok until it is under 90 so i think this is ok don't worry and if your system is old just try to clear the dust and all and see if everything is working and try to keep your system in a cooler region of your house as much as possible and don't block the ventilation and i think you wont face any problem best of luck just remember the basics and you wont face any problem.