Thread: Intel i5 2500 shows 62-68 C idle temperature is it ok?

Intel i5 2500 shows 62-68 C idle temperature is it ok?

Hello guys really scared of the temp I have been getting from my desktop, well when I bought this desktop the temp was around 37-40 and now the problem is when I start doing work for quite a few time the temp gets raised up to 43-46 idle and when I start playing some of the game like starcraft and minecraft the temp is around 62-68 now whats the problem am really scared is this normal or it would take away my processor someday please suggest me something?

Re: Intel i5 2500 shows 62-68 C idle temperature is it ok?

Well friend really don’t need to worry this is an ok temperature and when you bought the computer it wasn’t loaded and now the thing is now your computer is loaded so definitely it would be taking some more amount of energy and then when you are playing game, let me tell you that the graphic card is the biggest culprit who use the largest amount of the energy so it is recommended to use a good graphic card and don’t worry when you are playing the game then this graphic card is also in use of it so it would defiantly increase the temp.

Ya it is normal don’t need to create any havoc to yourself it is ok and this would have been a problem if it would have been bit more and I would tell you that this is just below the limit little bit increment would be ok to but not much and if goes on increasing then there is some problem you need to contact the engineer and he would let you know where is the problem right now just don’t worry and check if that is the limit or it keeps on increasing.

OK friend I have been also playing game a lot but I dint found this hot temp CPU I think you need to get it check something is going wrong just clear it up by consulting the engineer or the dealer from where you have bought it I am thinking that the graphic card is the fault just check it out with your friends graphic card and see If that is also getting hot if yes then it must be some other problem and if not then get it replaced it.

These is definitely normal and just forgets it and enjoy the game and I would say there is nothing like the processor or anything would be getting burnt up as far as I know if the system is over hot then the computer would automatically get shutdown I have found it and faced it many time so I know this for sure that when ti gets much hot then the system gets shutdown and if you are trying to open it again then if it is hot it would automatically shut down again.

Hey it must be some dust problem just clean them up and the temp would go bit more low or just look out for the connections they are lose this would surely solve the problem because it has been found many time that the dust just gets stuck and keeps increasing the temp and we think that there are different problem with the gpu or motherboard and all but it is just a silly problem so try cleaning them out I hope that would solve your problem.

Intel i5 2500 shows 62-68 C is ok i think because i have the same processor from a long time and i havent got any problem even after this temp so i dont think it would be creating any problem to you to dont worry just take it as normal and keep enjoying your pc very much and it may be a bit a more if you play a game which would be using a graphic card a lot still dont need to worry till it reaches upto 75 i think till that time it would be normal.