Thread: Can I overclock or underclock Asus EEE PC 70x model on demand with Linux?

Can I overclock or underclock Asus EEE PC 70x model on demand with Linux?

Well I wanted to know how one can control FSB automatically by making use of the eee kernel module on the particular series of Asus EEE PC 70x . the processor the system is running at 630MHz but into really heavy mode eeecpud will simply overclock the CPU with 900MHz. let me know if you are having any otherway to make the thing working for you. I am waiting for the prompt replies of yours. Thanks a lot in advance.

Re: Can I overclock or underclock Asus EEE PC 70x model on demand with Linux?

In this particular situation I let you know that you have installed and loaded eee/asus-eee kernel module on the computer of yours. you can get the same from the official website. Once you have loaded on the system you have to run following command.
    Code:
    ./eeecpud -v
    Once you have completed with the making use of the same then I recommend that you should simply run following command on the terminal.
    Code:
    killall eeecpud

You should be careful while compiling the source code because it might kill the computer of yours permanently. There would be changes into the Default action changes when there is print out of the usage info. It shut downs the system once the system has received the SIGTERM. For the safety measure you will be able to run only one instance of daemon at any given moment of time. Flag –D is used to run the process for daemon and also you should use –v for the verbose mode.

As far as I know there is really less need to compile the source code on the system of yours. you can also use the prebuilt binary of the program once it has become safer for the usage. You can run more than one instance of daemon on the system but it will lead to freezing if you are not careful. So you should be really careful while using the package on the laptop of yours and see whether it is working or not.

Well looking at the matter I let you know that I have used installed the 0.2 version of the eee kernel module or you can say as eeepc-linux. Also there are two patches which I have installed on the system of mine. after installing the same I am getting FSB interface and fan controlling is working fine with the kernel 2.6.39. I am hoping that the information which I have shared over here will be useful to get the requirement of yours.

I have used to following code to make use of eee kernel module on the laptop of mine.
    mkdir tmp
    cd tmp
    wget http://eeepc-linux.googlecode.com/fi...nux-0.2.tar.gz
    tar -xf eeepc-linux-0.2.tar.gz
    cd eeepc-linux/module/
    wget http://www.ighea.com/eee/eeepc-linux...el2.6.39.patch
    patch -Np3 < eeepc-linux-0.2-kernel2.6.39.patch
    wget "http://eeepc-linux.googlecode.com/issues/attachment?aid=8656251309001893712&name=eeepc-linux_search_adapter.patch&token=bb499e4ad9450dd99887ba760f120a55"
    -O eeepc-linux_search_adapter.patch # from Issue 9
    patch -Np2 < eeepc-linux_search_adapter.patch
    make
    install -D eee.ko /lib/modules/$(uname -r)/extra/eee.ko
    depmod -a
    modprobe i2c-i801
    modprobe eee
    cat /proc/eee/fsb # should print out 70 24 0

So you should use the same and let me know whether it was useful to you or not.