Thread: Overclocking i7 2600k on aurora r3

Overclocking i7 2600k on aurora r3

Make my procedure for everybody to OC the CPU stable at 4.390 GHz. only for aurora R3 and i7 2600K.power your pc and tape : F12 to OPEN the BIOS. Then go to frequency control from there you have to go advanced than select load level oc 2 setting than come back to main screen and select overclock Configuration than use cpuz tool to check your benchmark of your system. If anybody have any suggestion regarding this than please let me know.

Re: Overclocking i7 2600k on aurora r3

I did not bother to run it for any longer than 30 minutes. Temps ranged from 57 to 61 degrees. I played Crisis 2 for a couple of hours after the reference and it seemed to work fine too. I thought the chip can handle up to 5 GHz on air cooling anyway so I thought the OC was still pretty low considering I'm in the water cooling. But to be honest, apart from the score slightly higher than with 3dMark11 I could not really tell the difference between 3.8 / 4.1 and 4.3ghz in any of the applications I've used, including games. Maybe there was a difference, but I could not tell. It fun to see what your system can do for scores compared with other systems. But I run mine stock for daily use to lend a hand control the high temperature and pressure. The only run OC'd M11x is the maximum FPS as I desire it, so I push.

He felt no different than my 4.4GHz OC, since I tested my OC for 12 hours in Prime95 and OCCT made four races to ensure when it is overclocked steadiness. So must be perfectly stable. It does not feel faster or slower for me. Even in games. I have mine brought back to 3.7 and I'm saying I cannot tell the difference between now and 4.5. i hope this suggestion was useful to you. if any further doubt than do let me know.

It is very CPU dependent and if you use Nvidia added DirectX 11 full support multithreading. It will use 90% CPU here and there and sometimes hit 100% in all 12 cores is a real beast of a game. I've found games that have done this before, but it was a bad programming, but Civ 5 was made early on to take full advantage of multithreading and DX11.If you ask me the best game of reference is Civ 5. Sounds strange, but I have to play once and you'll see what I mean. You need a top of the CPU and GPU of the line if you want to end a two readings game. Here are very good that you explain better. You'll see why this game better than the other DX11 titles. You really should read to see what is going on.

Artifical intelligence is because it has both. I do not play that game, nevertheless I retain information my 980X, and GTA IV also kicks the CPU up to around 70-80%. The games have a lot of AI are usually hogs the CPU.im pleased and I'm sure it would be another, more than ever when there are plenty of players in one area. This would also make the network card that begs for mercy.

This is not the amount of CPU usage you have, but the amount of use you have in each nucleus. It is because it is the first game to actually use all the features of DX11. For a game called DX11 only need DX11 shedders and tessellation offers much, much more than that and one of the things it offers is support for multiple threads. Other games are only using a single thread, while Civ 5 with new Nvidia drivers to use 12.OC'n only the first CPU core is no longer given the power they once had and multi-core CPU will win the day. You really should read that second link I posted. That gives an idea of how games will be played from now on. Here I'll link it again because it really should be read in its entirety. If you like click the last link in the page called revealing the power of DirectX 11 to learn more.