Thread: How to overclock Acer laptop having SLG8SP556V clock generator.

How to overclock Acer laptop having SLG8SP556V clock generator.

I’m having the Acer laptop which is having an SLG8SP556V clock generator. I want to ask whether I can do hard modding. I had also added 0.2v to my CPU but it is not getting boot and CPU is getting over heat when I’m adding more voltage to it. While the bsel mod usually works with the Intel CPU which only boot only once but not for more than one I’m having the CPU with 2.79GHZ. can anyone suggest me to how to do this.

Re: How to overclock Acer laptop having SLG8SP556V clock generator.

Just check whether you are able to adjust the ram at the stock specs then check whether you are able to set the stock setting and if you are not able to boot 266MHZ without the BSNL mod. Well you should not make a use of mod because you are not able to disassemble it beside at the night time. You must tried weather you are able to boot your laptop at the stock setting if no then just check you might have made the ram frequency lower.

I don’t know at what your laptop will going to boot for the 2 time and I don’t think any laptop with ddr2 ram will go to max 1000MHZ. well I don’t think there is a problem with the power supplier and if it would be then you laptop keep on restarting. Just check your DRAM frequency it must be at 500 MHZ and then cas# latency to 8 and even check the cycle time and keep the value of tras to 23 and for the A.K.A IT SHOULD BE 8-8-8-23.

Well I don’t know how to down clock the ram without changing the timing of ram. Try to downclock the ram to the 500MHZ and the time will be going to change to the 5-4-4-12 by itself and you can even correct the ram timing and the actual time for the ram is 5-8-8-23. Well I don’t know about the latency I think the cas latency will be struck at 5 and if you overclcok your laptop to the 2.79GHz the 3d mark score will go above the 3000. You can even over clock your processor.

You’re having the ram which usually handle the higher overclcok such as applying the can to 200 to 266MHZ or you can even apply VSS+VID3 or VSS+VID4 to make your CPU voltage at stable stage. Which will be going to make your T6500-2.1 to 2.8 GHz. And just check your chipset after rebooting your laptop the default chipset value should be slower at the 6-6-6-18 as the chipset only choose the lowest value which is available.

I think 6-5-5-15 is just ok but the important timing for overclocking is for CAS which you should set it at 6 which would going to be same as the 400MHZ timing so you should not try to overclcok it at ->266Mhz FSLx which will going to isolate the PLL pin 2 as it usually run the GND signal which is at the 10k resistor which will only overclock the M11XR1 and SLG will going to be hard mod. If that thing is available then you just need to increase the CPU volts and it will be going to increase with the help of modding the volts regulator circuit.

Well you just need to check whether the cut pin is sufficient for it. I want to ask at what ram time your system usually boots up and what the ratio of the ram in the hwinfo32. As your system is having the PM45 chipset just check if it is at the 400MHZ and I think it will going to boot up at the rate of 1:2 RAM ratio. If the one of the ran module is at the highest then the spd table entry will going to be at 33MHZ and then the system will usually going to boot up at the slower speed of ration 3:5.