Thread: Is it worth to Overclocking NVIDIA GeForce GT 525M

Is it worth to Overclocking NVIDIA GeForce GT 525M

Hey guy need to know this I am currently using the Dell Inspiron 15R N5110 with the Core i5 2410m 2.3 ghz . 4 GB of RAM and with NVIDIA GeForce GT 525M 1 GB now my question is am thinking to over clock my NVIDIA GeForce GT 525M graphic card and I want to know that if it is worth to do that or it damage my GPU I have see may people had already Overclocked there graphic card by finding the method on the Google or on the YouTube but I need the expert advice I want to know is it beneficial to over clock this graphic and if it is possibly worth thet can anyone suggest me the appropriate tool for doing so I would be really glad if any one return me an answer

Thanks in advance

Re: Is it worth to Overclocking NVIDIA GeForce GT 525M

I was about to start the same thread on this form but I saw you have already have stared one n yes folks here I also have the exact same question on this my rig is also the same dell Inspiron 15R N5110 please guide us a way to doing this I would be really appreciating this

Hi dude I am not that big expert like some of the guys here but this everybody knows that if you go heavy on the Overclocking the graphic card then it might damage your card just go slow on this if you really want to Overclock and you can always check the performance with using Furmark which stress tests the card and if you see anything strange you can tweak a little you Overclocking setting and it will be all fine it is actually a patience job so don’t rush rush in this . what you can do and how much you require id already there , don’t be greedy, make certain your cooling is good, temps are key as you don’t want your GPU to overheat from Overclocking . Use GPU-z which monitors the GPU temp after you Overclock, simultaneously as playing games keep GPU-z open and watch the temps. a fine tip is get GPU-Z at the present and observe what your temps standard before Overclocking, monitor with a few games and take note of it Furmark eventually it will be a good guide to whether your Overclock will be appropriate, see something odd? Turn down the tweaked setting you just did, once more keep checking temps. Hope you might understand what I am trying to tell you here

Overclock is not always the good idea of all is there any particular reason that you need to Overclock your graphic cared if not then don’t follows the other . What look like an advantage some time turns into the disadvantage you may spoil your computer if over clocking is not done correctly and trust me you won’t like the side effect of the Overclocking so until and unless you have to over clock don’t try it and if you did then like the above post just keep checking the effect on the computer by the help of the monitoring software

MSI Afterburner is the ideal tool for Overclocking I tried to download this, but I have something completely different, this is the most used parameters Overclocking the graphics card, clocks, memory, voltage, remember that what makes it stable, make a OC to raise some little then check to make sure Furmark get a good result without too much of overheat, if you have any artifacts or tearing Furmark immediately close and undo your last adjustment to pinch, giving 20-30 seconds then Furmark run again to be sure, now once you do not Overclocking bit just use the draft as normal, playing their games, etc. and then go ahead and try a little more OC this is the most durable for me since I'm a rookie, but it does Overclocking sense, do not be silly, go slowly and see if there is someone on YouTube that has Overclocked model to make the GPU to see where you could come up with the GPU, again, do not be silly sliders to increase the fun going to hurt. But play your games in one window and the use of GPU-Z after Overclocking to control what tempts your new can not really knowing what a bad time on a laptop, but maybe there will someone here.

Hi guys I need ask same question I Overclocking my Gt 925M memory from 600 to 640 plus 900 to 920 and up to now it works so fine as before the merely dissimilarity are the fps and the mark of 5.5 before it was 5.4 Aero win7! Temperatures up to 70degrees Celsius I will going to try it on Furmark but please if anyone knows tell us SMTX maximum temperatures and so on, thanks