Thread: Liquid cooling noise on Dell Alienware Aurora

Liquid cooling noise on Dell Alienware Aurora

I've had my Alienware Aurora for just over a month. However recently (in the last days) has begun to make a strong enough noise / buzzing noise. It sounds almost like a kind of small appliances. The noise appears to come from the back of the machine where the fan or liquid cooling system is. Noise does not always but most of the time. It's really annoying and quite annoying. Does anybody have any idea what possibly will be causing this noise and how to fix it?

Re: Liquid cooling noise on Dell Alienware Aurora

Mine does the same thing intermittently, usually just after the start and then leaves. Rarely would start again when I'm using the computer, but then disappear as quickly as it came. Recently I've noticed that the sound fewer and fewer. I tried to isolate the sound and I consider the 120mm fan within the rear. It seems that you’re a little rubbing next to somewhat or possibly the fan is out of balance. I would approximating a service call, but the time would have a person lives in the phone noise is gone.

When sound is turned on for me usually lasts a while, 10-20 minutes, sometimes a little longer. It sounds like noisy fans when the team will soon start to calm down, it's a low hum. Never did the first month I had the computer and only recently began to do so. Makes it likely that 1 or 2 times for several hours. Although it's annoying, but also a little worrying. I'm not sure why, unexpectedly began making this noise. I do not consider it's something loose or sounds, I consider is actually the liquid cooling device.

I could not take it anymore and broke the system. It was the PSU fan! The thing is cheap as hell and the power supply when it starts until it gets high. What I was going was that I knew he was a fan noise, but there are many fans and I could only look through the noise when I was doing. I had to rule out the CPU, hard drives, GPU, chipset and PCI fan. I had to turn / off each of them or put them at 100% and then hear a change until the only thing left was the PSU fan.

This is your power supply which, probably, the nudge, however a long shot. I estimate the real culprit is the pump going out or the pump bearings are not as huge going mutually an imperfect unit, a matter of few possibilities, but it does happen and when it does its very annoying. You may need to contact Alienware and get the coolant of the internal CPU replaced. I hope this will help you to solve your issue. If you find any other solution then share it with us.

The buzz seemed to be going out less often and when it rang it was not as strong. That is, until tonight. Tonight, he started humming louder than ever and suddenly began to sound great shriek. Was very high, it sounded almost like a huge electric saw cutting wood (the best way I can think of to describe). I turned to my computer and then half hour later and was still doing. The machine is less than three months old at this time. What could be the problem?

Lightweight micro-vibrations accordingly of the fan is not accurately secured can origin this If the back panel of the chassis is baggy, it is probable that the fan is running at a frequency that is driving the back cover resting on the resonance. Power off your PC. Open the lid and tighten all the screws from view. Check the screws on the main fan. There are two screws at the top of the rear panel to help keep the back cover. There is also a single screw in the lower left corner of the fan mounting screws. This is also a screw on the chassis.

I contacted the liquid cooling experts at Hardcore Computer and here's what I found out. "The intermittent noise they are hearing is due to the interaction of mostly the PSU and main system fans, although the CPU and other fans can be involved. The fan speeds are typically controlled by system localized temperatures. As they speed up or slow down, they will at times find themselves at a speed where the vibrational frequencies reinforce each other. At this resonance frequency the amplitude of the vibration is multiplied, making the fan noise significantly louder. The cheap fans and poorly designed vibration mounting in these systems does little or nothing to protect against these type of resonance frequency issues."