Thread: Computer won’t start after over clocking E6500

Computer won’t start after over clocking E6500

I am using a computer on which I have Intel E6500 processor. In order to have good performance on my computer system I searched for this over internet and found that in order to boost the performance of computer you have to do some tweak with the processor by over clocking it. So by reading that I over clocked by processor to clock at 3.33 GHz. After I did with this, then I restarted my computer and after this I found that it won’t get started again. So what shall I do in order to get back my normal working computer?

Re: Computer won’t start after over clocking E6500

I understand that if this overclocking is not been done properly for your computer system then it leads to this kind of problem. So the very first thing is that if you are able to get the BIOS screen then you need to enter into the BIOS and then revert the settings that you have modified. If you are not able to revert those back, then try to load the default settings of the BIOS and then save the same, this would make your computer to start normally and thus you can use the same one.

If suppose you are even not getting the BIOS screen and thus not able to start the computer then you should open your case and then remove all the components from the motherboard. Then again verify the connections and start the computer. Also try to check for the CMOS battery and if it is much older than replace the same by having a new one. So do try these solutions in order to get back the normal computer and have better performance.

What I think about this problem is that your computer is not getting started because of overheating on your computer. I guess lots of heat is been getting generated inside your computer and thus due to that it has caused to some extreme problem. This also might have happened due to the overclocking that you have performed on your computer. Due to this overclocking, processor could not bear more heat as well as even heat sink would not have able to blow the necessary heat outside the cabinet.

I also think that this problem might have happened due to overheating. So for this you need to arrange some cooling stuff which would make the processor cool and so it would be able to perform some task and also would boot the computer. The reason behind the overclocking is that due to number of tasks the processor would have tried completing maximum number of process and thus while executing theses it generated lots of heat in your machine. So as you are keen to overclock your processor, the CPU should contain a fine cooling feature.

Sometimes it is also needed to have the power supply which provides better and needed power to the processor in the case of overclocking. The more you want the processor to do more task, so for that it consumes more power and thus your power supply unit should be able to provide the required supply. It would be better if you upgrade your power supply to a newer one as these are capable to supply the required power as needed to the processor.

What I think is that your computer would get started after some time, I.e. wait for few hours and then start the computer. I guess it would get started because till then it would have got cooled down. But again in order to get rid of this problem permanently you need to arrange the cooling stuff, most likely have a thermal paste for your cabinet. Also have extra fans for your cabinet so that it would blow out the heat generated inside the cabinet and you would be able to use the computer for longer time.