Thread: Need to revert over clocking of Gigabyte x58 UD7 and i7 950

Need to revert over clocking of Gigabyte x58 UD7 and i7 950

I am having gigabyte x58 UD7 motherboard with core i7 processor on my computer. Last night I did some over clocking on my computer and I don’t know that it would lead me a major problem. I realized the problem when I started my computer this morning and found that the computer is giving me blue screen. It comes within an hour, so I want to make revert of all the settings back and I don’t know how to do the same. So please help me out to get my computer work properly.

Re: Need to revert over clocking of Gigabyte x58 UD7 and i7 950

Well, is the subject of over clocking and the thing is that the issue should be resolved with the utmost care. Before I suggest anything that I have some questions that you would have to say me to make me a little comfortable with the scenario, so that I could help it on. What are the voltage QPI (Quick Path interconnection) and VTT is using? Also, besides that I suggest you to try to defuse the XMP (Extreme Memory Profile). Should be issued with respect to the voltage you are using for the motherboard

I had heard that over clocking can make system more efficient. So I decided to go for it. I had no idea that going to cost me so dear. The QVI / VTT voltage on my system is 1.33, but sometimes rises at 1,375, but made no difference. I was so upset with him before writing this I tried to put all the other stresses on the motherboard and see if that can help in stabilizing the motherboard, but still does not help. I have no idea what part of the system that is causing what. As for the XMP just want to say yes is off, but not avail. What is the next thing I can expect me to suggest that it can bring a difference?

I think it is good that you can have the updated system BIOS and I am sure that this update may help a little, so you can be out of the situation. I would have gone for the latest official BIOS in case this would have happened with me. Well, it's just a guess and I think you can give a try. Just try that and see if it helps in your situation. You have to remove the CMOS battery and keep the battery out for say 12 hours and after that you just put on the motherboard again. Then just re-enter the Over clocking setting and see whether problem still exists.

I was stuck in the same situation and tried to follow some of the suggestions I received from other forums but did not help me. Finally I was with all applications from crashing into the BSOD. I tried to run the Memtest for the system, but I've seen also failing. I tried to reboot again, but I saw not much change can bring with it. Someone asked me to update the system BIOS, but I was surprised with the boot process. Now the thing is I'm stuck on Verifying DMI pool data. Can you please suggest some things all over me?

I think you are getting problem on Verifying DMI pool data, and then I think it will be good to have all the components on the motherboard well connected. I am sure that the free connection vital component as the hard drive or RAM or the GPU may be causing the problem. In addition please see if the SATA cables are clearly related to the particular location. You must have tried to remove the battery for some time and then connect to it and then retry the BIOS re flashing. I see no other reason or not and therefore I suggest you do the same.

I hope you must have tried all the things told to you in order to get rid of the problem that you are having. If you are not totally confident in doing this stuff then you can call the hardware expert who can do all these things for you as he would have experience in all these things. Else if you have AMC of your computer then call them and they would solve your problem in minutes in exchange of your contract with them or take some guide from gigabyte support center.