Thread: Where can we test our CPU cooler ?

Where can we test our CPU cooler ?

I have a machine that shows the temperature, that I think too much, it reads the idle temperature in the 36 degrees Celsius region, when I just shown this, I think I made a mistake I think, that I had apply the thermal interface material wrongly. I have a i7 920, and it goes above 55 Celsius when the temperature is too hot. So I want to ask from how did we manage that temperature ? Where do we test our CPU coolers? Need suggestions.

Re: Where can we test our CPU cooler ?

See, according to me, the temperature you have mentioned when it is idle, it is also too high, because it should remain under 25, but I must say, please take care of that, because it may damage your CPU. I don’t know what you have done exactly with the thermal interface material, but I had heard that it helps somewhat 50 to 60% to cool the CPU, but I’ll recommend you that don’t just do it by yourself only, you can refer to any repairing shop.

According to me it’s too dangerous that you have put it on such a high temperature; in fact I would suggest you that keep it in the corner that has a coolest side. And yeah, the TIM you have used for controlling the air pressure. It is good, but while consider that, you should take care that, you are using the good quality material, as it matters because the if you use any cheap material, it will first of all will not give that much protection, as well it will burn itself too early.

I don’t know what kind of TIM you have used, because there are too many types of TIM, let me tell you some of them. First one is thermal grease, then basic thermal pad, then ceramic thermal compound, then copper thermal compound and silver thermal compound. I would like to recommend you that you can use silver thermal compound, but as it has a silver particles, it is too costliest. So you can refer to any of these which I had mentioned.

If you want to test your CPU’s temperature, you can have too many tools that has a capability to check the performance as well as you can maintain it, I had heard a name like fresh diagnose, fresh UI etc. you can download it from the internet. As they are very good. As you had mentioned about the Thermal interface material, actually I am not aware about this actually, but according to me you might have a bad sensor in your chip, because of that the temperature goes high.

You had used a perfect material I must say, because it is the way we can control the temperature, but as though you’re still getting the temperature high, I think you had used it incorrectly, see I am mentioning how to use TIM. Before applying you’ll need to clean off the CPU and heat sink base with a lint free cloth. Both of them should be spotless. Now as the CPU looks shiny and new, you only need a tiny amount of TIM, it’s always best to use the copper coolers, then apply it to all the corner slightly, don’t put it too much, or you can simply read the instruction, how to use it? You can get it on the wrapper of it basically.

See, as you wan to check the performance of your CPU you can simply download any third party software for measuring the all the functionality, or you may have another option too, like i don't know exactly it display it or not, but you can try it out, from the bios you can check the CPU temperature also, so from there you'll get the idea that which kind of TIM you have to use, otherwise i would say refer some technician before doing it, because he will help you better.