Thread: How to Bend heatpipes on GPU cooler?

How to Bend heatpipes on GPU cooler?

I wonder if anyone has tried to put a curve (or fix) the heatpipes for a GPU or CPU fan? I'm a little crazy quiet operation; at the time of the 2 things out loud in my PC are the hard drives and video card. The plan was to place the hard drives somewhere they are quiet, but that still leaves the GPU. A dual-slot cooler (one for the card + 2 for the cooler) will not work as I use all my PCI slots are available at this time. Right now I'm using the stock single slot cooler (1 + 1 for the card to the cooler). What I was thinking was to get something like an Accelerate Twin Turbo Pro and make straight the heat pipes so instead of sitting subsequently to the card, which hangs over all PCI of 90 degrees to the graphics card. Do you believe this is achievable? Has someone tried it? Heating possibly will give it a try, have access to a welder Oxy-Acetelene at work, and although it seems a bad idea given the heat pipes having a wick material that could be damaged by heat.

Re: How to Bend heatpipes on GPU cooler?

Are you sure you be acquainted with what a dual-slot cooler is? A card with a single slot cooler uses only one slot total. A card with a dual-slot cooler uses only two totals. If you have an empty space next to your GPU then you have plenty of space for a dual-slot cooler. They had to turn in place at least once a worst you can lose is a graphics card. Most likely I'll just kill your heat sink if you rivet it up. Look for an HR03, can be mounted so that wraps across the video card and is awfully quiet, in addition has a Thermalright GPU cooler intended for what you're thinking of calling Spitfire.

I do not know the naming convention, so I specified in parentheses which meant the stock cooler occupies 2 slots total, and I have a TV card in the next slot. I could be on the HR03, but even resting on the further side of the card that will coat the PCI-Express x1 slot, I'm not presently using, and however I was thinking of putting one on top of Xonar H6. The Spitfire was essentially what inspired me, as I proverb it I thought, "This is accurately what I've been looking for!" But unluckily, the bottom of my Sonata III case is too narrow to fit in upside down, and my CPU has a hammer of Thor Xigmatek which means you cannot ride either up basically want something like a volcano, but small.

Bending the heat pipes is likely to lead to constriction of the corners and even worse open cracks. If necessary, I advise you play with the heatpipes before installing the heatsink gpu and then carefully checked for any signs of damage or constriction. Worst case, you end up losing a gpu cooler without removing again or worse ruin your card with a damaged gpu cooler. I think you may be able to manage without any problem; however I have not tried it myself completely. I acquire a loop heat pipe (long U-shape) and straightened a bit and after that tried to bend it back, which commence to collapse on it.

If they get hot and break. heatpipes are filled with a specific amount of water and gas (air sometimes regular, sometimes CO2, nitrogen, sometimes not under pressure, though) and have a specific internal volume. Bending them somewhat possibly will not matter, however if you squash the tube that will positively affect its cooling capability. And if you heat them through a torch, you will flash boil that water and it will explode. It is soft copper pipe without heat.

I suggest you would be capable to handle a lot extra than 120 degrees, the entire you have to some sort of security factor and if it capable of play a GPU to 110 degrees while they did probably be designed for more than 200 degrees, but I still like to test the limit (unless someone gave me a cooler of free heat pipe and a flashlight, in which case I'd be more than happy to test their thermal limits. Straightening the heatpipes to changing the angle of isn’t that weird. I've seen a couple of examples of proven success in SPCR.

To be honest, I'm not confident what case would simply fit in most cases moreover have a base plate near the bottom of the case or the power supply at the bottom. This immediately prevented from riding in reverse, as it extends about 150 mm, which is longer than any regular motherboard. My Sonata III has only about 110 mm between the GPU and the merits. Otherwise, mount up, but then you need a CPU cooler thin line, and anyone who goes high-end GPU cooling as the Spitfire more likely to have a cooler CPU tower.