Thread: Can't boot (FF) after bios flash with M-Flash 790FX-GD70

Can't boot (FF) after bios flash with M-Flash 790FX-GD70

I remembered my BIOS v1.7 yesterday for the 790FX-GD70 with M-Flash on my system that worked perfectly until then. The system will not start or even after now. Fans (presumably accessories directly supplied by the power supply), but the BIOS is on the state of FF. He left the PC at night if they had time to do whatever he had to do. Not used. No USB disk or activity. I have made clear the CMOS, Ctrl-Home on the keyboard (although I doubt that this worked, since it is USB) and I know that M-Flash sucks. Any other suggestions welcome!

Re: Can't boot (FF) after bios flash with M-Flash 790FX-GD70

This was a new system and wanted to get the latest version of the BIOS -1.7 vs. 1.0. No problems before that. I suspect that there is nothing wrong with the system and that the "flash" process work, but may have been a flash of force. “The keyboard was still a little sticky at the moment and I could not see anything for what keystrokes of action. Cannot find the page now, but I suspect the BIOS FF related to trying to get out of a "forced flash", but is unable to do so.

I have tried this route via floppy and USB. None has worked. When the system starts, fans (powered both the motherboard and power supply), LEDs, LED status boot and start the GPU. There is a brief flash of energy at the point of USB. After that, everything remains the same - FF state. Continuous power is the CD-ROM and floppy, but no more activity. I guess the key-Ctrl-Home is essential for the peripherals get read. Nothing happens when you hold down Ctrl + Home. The thread of a USB keyboard suggested that would work, but maybe not, they do. When I plug a USB flash drive into any USB port, there is a brief flash. When I do the keyboard USB port, there is none. Do I need a PS / 2 adapter or USB/PS/2? Will the "green / Mouse PS / 2 keyboard to work and how long I have to hold CTRL-Home before something happens?

Well, I recently had this happen to my K9A2 Platinum card, well without luck I could not make it work with all the help from everyone in the forums and support MSI. Fortunately, however, if your card is within 2 years of age should RMA from MSI with no problem, since it was the result of flashing. Well any way you decide to take the good luck my fellow MSI user!

Below is an excerpt from the forthcoming technical paper AMI USB debugging tool. This suggests that most chipsets currently support a single USB port to "debug" mode, coming soon after starting. I suspect this is the USB port I need for my white cane with a USB recovery. Does anyone know if this "USB debugging" port is carried out in this motherboard, and if so, what is?