Thread: MSI 890FXA-GD70 BIOS Recovery Requested

MSI 890FXA-GD70 BIOS Recovery Requested

I just put together a new system by 890FXA-GD70 mother and I have serious problems. Sometimes the system freezes and crash. I will tell what happened with me in order of how it started and all the steps that have been made. While in the bios I tried to change my boot order. As soon as you changed the BIOS device froze. I started the computer back up. Please try and help me if anyone knows what to do next.

Re: MSI 890FXA-GD70 BIOS Recovery Requested

I was having the same problem that had no screen input. Reset button does nothing. System does nothing. After about 10 restarts with the bios recovery, and as I eventually received a message "BIOS recovery required" insert USB. I tried to restart a few times. I would receive a message requested BIOS recovery. Many times I get nothing. Many time I inserted a CF card with a BIOS image on it. Bios accurate image of the MSI site without altering the file name. Displacement system BIOS recovery messages over and over again until you reboot. He said the recovery of people with disabilities just before the stop. The machine now boots up fine until I have to start windows and it does not.

I reboot and go through the problem again and this time I can recover the BIOS with the built in flash utility in the BIOS I think your MFLASH. After the flash and reset the BIOS settings, boot windows, but the problem starts again after trying to do something intensive. So get back to doing everything possible as this is becoming standard procedure to cope with the freezing of the system in Windows or the bios (bios randomly shooting anything in particular.) My last step was remembered MFLASH fresh bios and then did a memory test with Microsoft software ram test out the windows. It froze about 7% and caused the system to beep incessantly. And I'm back again. The system will not boot the BIOS recovery message if I have luck. So I cleared my CMOS and now it is working properly.

If you have done this with both sticks of ram without consistent results. Suppose once did me and starts. When the computer refuses to boot at all, I took the power and let it cool for a few minutes. Perform a hard reset and wait a minute or less. This may or not I can get to the BIOS recovery screen. It can be coincidence of when the time comes. I'll try again and wait longer and perhaps even remove the battery and reinsert. I will try to ram again this time in strict order of a CMOS reset and then retest the break.

I have no extra RAM in me. Could buy more, but it’s hard to get now. When the system refuses to boot the board LED gives a code of FF and it seems very fast car return time and again that can blink and the fan bit off the receipt for BSOD error is usually failure paginated non-paged area and only once, IRQ not less or equal. In my particular research, the CPU is identical to 1090T, except it is 100 MHz faster. However I will try to disable all the extra features and maybe even on the clock. I was thinking that this may be a case of the board does not automatically cycles the corresponding CPU. Indeed, with the difference so small you can set the specifications of the CPU manually.

Do you have any advice on what the manual settings i could try? I've heard a lot of people use this processor, combined with good results. Maybe he had to punch in the same configuration. i not on the clock the RAM to the maximum specification and I use the proper voltage. Never use a SWAP in Windows 7. I can change the hard disk SATA 2 port and not use the SATA port 3. The first time it froze when I had the HD in boot order and then the second time was exactly the same when I got the hard drive in the boot order. With a new system there are so many things that can go wrong I feel like I shot in the dark. What kind of road map I plan to solve problems?

After spending 12 to 14 hours on the problem now i can safely give a detailed report of the problem. Ignore what I said before, as they were only symptoms of another problem that the boots 100% stable if the DIMM slots 1 2 and 3 are empty. No matter the make or model of perfection of the RAM in slot 4, but the system boots and works. I ran extensive tests with tests 95 and main memory. Works flawlessly in this configuration. As soon as a stick of ram goes into any other slot or single or dual channel card makes a quick-start cycle. This constant power inside and outside if left too long corrupts the BIOS setup. Bios configuration problem is rectified by putting a stick of ram in DIMM 4 and let it reset to a stable environment. Furthermore, although the system is stable i the MSI software to check all the voltages and everything seemed normal

Re: How to repair the MSI 890FXA-GD70-GD65 BIOS errors

I'm a little long winded so bear with me. Here is a step by step repair for the BIOS errors on the 870FXA GD series system boards. I will be repeating a lot of the information listed in this thread but in specific order plus several other things. The BIOS error on the new 870FXA boards seems to be very common. I recently RMA'd a GD70 that just plain quit working. The return RMA board had the error that has been listed on this page. Interim, I purchased a GD65 board because I was losing business and that in itself was costing me dearly. So, after installing the GD65 board the same exact condition was occurring only, there was no LED code display on the GD65 board. So, you don't know what's going on and the beep codes are extremely hard to diagnose - especially on a brand new board.

So, here's the deal... The first thing you want to do depending on your system board is go get one of these files:
    For the GD65 the link is:
    http://download2.msi.com/files/downl...xe/7640vI5.zip
    For the GD70 the link is:
    http://download2.msi.com/files/downl...xe/7640v1D.zip
    I would like to acknowledge Ricky at MSI Tech support in California for these listings. Thanks buddy.. you're a serious life saver.

Step 1
    Ok... download and unpack your file on to a FAT32 USB Stick and make sure all the files are visible in the root of the drive. Place this USB stick into a rear USB slot - location does not appear to matter.

Step 2
    Unplug EVERYTHING - EXCEPT... Graphics card and System Board connections. If you have a PCIE graphics card make sure that the PCI power is connected as well as all cables to the system board.'

Step 3 If you have a IBM PS/2 style keyboard use that over a USB Keyboard. If you do not... go find someone you can borrow one from! You will not need a mouse.

Step 4
    Take 1 stick of RAM and insert it into the very last RAM slot - closest to the CPU.

Step 5
    Press the power button and if your PC speaker is hooked up correctly listen for 1 beep then quickly start pressing the [Delete] key until you can successfully enter into the BIOS.

Step 6
    Go into the MFlash portion of your BIOS and READ THE ENTIRE SCREEN BEFORE FLASHING. You may need to ENABLE the MFlash Function. Enable the function to BIOS Update. Also check to see if the Media section shows your USB drive. If not, reboot and follow step 5.
    -----------------------
    If you have done these steps correctly you will see your USB drive listed as the media. And you will be able to select your BIOS flash file from the drive.
    ------------------------
    Step 7
    On the right portion of the MFlash screen you will find a file name your BIOS flash is looking for. This file of course is located in the root of your USB drive.

Step 8
    The next screen should give you the option of Flash or not to Flash. Of course at this point, sit back and watch the action with your fingers crossed.

Step 9
    If by chance you are installing a new copy of Windows or Linux make sure to leave the single RAM stick in that last slot just to be on the safe side. It seems that the board designers rigged that last RAM slot as a fail-safe for just this sort of thing.

At this point you should be good to go and you can reset your RAM to the proper slots for use.

Good Luck and May The Force Be With You.
    Last edited by Comprepair01; 09-02-2012 at 10:29 PM.

forgot to add... when you move your RAM back to its proper slots you will still get the "FF" display on your LED panel. If you watch that panel you will see the BIOS working.. the "FF" will flash a few times and other system board LEDs will blink here and there as well as the CPU condition LEDs... just give it time... it should fire up within a few minutes... be patient

Followed this advice and that solved the problem.!!