Thread: K8T Master2 FAR CPU cooling not working properly

K8T Master2 FAR CPU cooling not working properly

Well, I bit the bullet and build a platform for my Opteron dual use FAR Master2 K8T motherboard. The problem is I am getting horrible CPU cooling around 64c for each CPU. I've done some tests, but they get nervous and stop the machine when the CPU temperature hit 68c! I've been reading forums and trying to figure out what is happening. I replaced the stock HS with thermaltake coolers p4 (volcano number). I used generic thermal compound (I think it was a # 1) and tomorrow I'm buying silver and get back Arctic heat sinks. I guess my question is heatsinks should work? No? are identical to the K8 solution take heat (at least I can say), without using the brackets p4 (I have to use due to the motherboard) heat sinks have adjustable fan speed controllers, and it seems any difference in how fast they turn up, CPU temperatures are still in the "Oh shit" levels. Has anyone found no "perfect" cooling solution for dual Opteron with FAR Master2 K8T motherboard? Something off the shelf, it would be preferable, and I really do not want to spend money on water cooling.

Re: K8T Master2 FAR CPU cooling not working properly

I have almost the same problem, my temperatures are around 50 º C, however, I built one that could not get colder than 60 ° C and believe it or not the plastic case started to warp out of shape. Finally added more fans changed the CPU fan over 2 to 80 mm with an adapter and used tie front is set to maintain old fan heat sink. Not to mention i purchased PC power and cooling fans have better air flow and air bender powersupply. Temperatures have now dropped to 50 º C. I would get one of the cooling tower types of new design with two fans, and heatpipe technology. But again, we are using a proprietary design of MSI, and still have not tried this with a third party product. I am waiting now for a Dual Opteron PCI Express, and I'll change this MB.

Okies, I can use any heatsink p4 (which fits of course). I had the opportunity to meet sink assemblies that conform to the motherboard! In fact, I used heat sink mounted Xeon! Works perfect! I'll try Arctic Silver; I really want my CPU temperatures in the 50 at least! what Weird’s me out is that the coolers i have there now are much more massive than those included with the card, copper sinks good ardent fans quickly.

Well, if it appears that temporary workers are accurate. First check if you can believe or not temperatures. If heat sinks hot enough to justify a 68c CPU? So I guess it does not matter who do not have all that time. Well, because there is no way to know if the readings are accurate w / o leaving it in a while. Definitely, just waiting for the arctic silver. I am in the same boat "Oh shit" levels, but right now. I've changed my refrigerator and I'm just letting my CPU is running well in 65c, the heat sink gets hot enough to know their work (it was before 70 maximum, AMDS limit supposedly), but not worth risking the process is that (assuming this is a great temperature sensor, not the CPU) on a final note, "replaces I stock SA with thermaltake coolers p4 (volcano number). I used generic thermal compound (I think it was mistake # 1) "What was the difference in time between the SA and the new stock?

Yes, how fat? Just need a bit tinny, I remember, the stock heatsink is 1 mm of fat on it. Weird. The new i put a layer of thin paper. Also not sure if this applies to Opteron, but where to find the readings? Replace the heat sink, unless I can think of nothing else to do. Just be careful and do it correctly and then if you get hot weather, you and I are in the same position. We continue to do together (unless Opteron is supposed to run so high).

I've never seen my CPU over 60 ° C, although the slowest. And I'm the kind of person who likes a nice warm apartment, so try to keep airtemp around 25C. Now I do not know if my temperature sensors are correct, but I've never had any problems I have been able to relate to the heat. But I have 6 +2 fans in my case, maybe they have helped improve my temperatures.

I have applied Artic Silver 5 on both CPU (followed the instructions in the letter.) CPU temperatures are around 60c idle. I run SiSoft Sandra burn-in, all CPU and memory tests for 50 cycles. CPU temperatures go to 62c, 65c in addition to time for short periods of time, even falling back to 60c or 59c. The heat sinks are cool to the touch, the air leaving the fans heat sinks is only slightly warm (feels one or two degrees higher than room temperature). Temperature of the system is rock solid at 29c, but it's a warmer room, and I have three hard drives. This totally baffles me. The system seems completely stable. I am very suspect temperature sensor on the motherboard.