Thread: Does overclocking decrease processor's life?

Does overclocking decrease processor's life?

Guys this is something serious as I would want to clear all the element of uncertainties that I am actually having at the back on my head for quite some time now. Actually I would want to know that since many people nowadays would want to overclock their processor in order to achieve better performance for the same, I would want to know from you all that whether this overclocking of the processor actually decreases the processor life’s or not, since I have just now configured my system to install the new components I do not want to damage anything, so can someone help me to know that should I overclock or should I not.

Re: Does overclocking decrease processor's life?

I don’t seem that there could be any kind of a problem with overclocking of the processor and that is why what I think that you shouldn’t hesitate in overclocking the processor at anytime. You must look to look to overclock as much as you want to get performance and this will surely not affect the processor anywhere in the future, so don’t worry just overclock as much as you want and enjoy.

Dude there is some kind of a limited compatibility at which you can actually overclock the processor without actually damaging anything or without actually doing anything silly with the processor that will limit its life. When you buy a processor you can actually get somewhat of a limited counting of the processor in mhz to which it can be overclocked, so one thing that you will have to make sure is that you haven’t overclocked it over that level, so as to avoid any misconception in the future.

It depends upon which kind of a processor is you actually making use of, I would recommend you that you should make use of GIGABYTE Sandy Bridge as I think that this one will actually be the one which will not affect any of the components nor the processor even if you overclock it to a large extent. What I think that it is the quality and the brand that will help you to get higher performance when overclock without even damaging anything.

Dude if you don’t want anything to get damage on your system when you overclock you will have to make sure that you have got some ideal cooling fans inside the CPU that will ensure that the system doesn’t gets affected even when overclock at the highest level. Also make sure that you are having more Ghz processor which will help you to take up the load of the overclocking of the processor.