Thread: How to overclock Leadtek GeForce 6600GT PCI-e

How to overclock Leadtek GeForce 6600GT PCI-e

Currently I have a Winfast 6600 GT PCI-e and come with a program called Winfox. Overclocking is contains sprinter programs, hardware monitor screen, etc. Well, speed racer Overclocking caught my attention and I opened it I found it quite easy to use, except I do not know what I'm doing. It has two sections, 2D and 3D turbo. Each section has two bars, either to increase or decrease. The first set of bars for 2D graphics clock is now 301mhz and 1002mhz for the memory clock, and has 3d graphic 500MHz clock and clock 1000mhz members. Now my question is overclocking worth it and if so, what are some numbers safe to overclock this card. Or if individuals can only offer some general advice on overclocking and this is a good way to watch over or is there a better way?

Re: How to overclock Leadtek GeForce 6600GT PCI-e

Well, first of all, I would discard the "Winfox" drivers and get the latest drivers from Nvidia "Winfox" or official. If you choose Nvidia drivers (which I would advise, as I have my reservations about Winfast drivers), then you can Google a small log file called "Coolbits" m that allows overclocking of NVidia’s own mechanism. With this enabled, you can type the clock speed settings and "spot optimal frequencies, which will give you the basic" safe "o / c on your card. After which the clocks can increase slowly until you start seeing errors (bugs and artifacts) on the screen.

As for overclocking Leadtek cards in particular, the utility Winfox included is pretty good, but usually more conservative than most users like. Most of us just use coobits (editing the registry) or RivaTuner (long-range program that can do everything). But if you want to use the utility Winfox, that's good results will not differ. Anyway, want to force the 3d section. Begin by simply moving the core and memory up to 5 MHz at a time, after that run a benchmark like Aquamark 3, 3D Mark 2005, or the use of demos of the game long like Doom 3, CSS, etc. There are two causes for doing the tests right later than a 5MHz overclock. First is to ensure stability.

I raised the bars of 557 core clocks and 1057 memory clock and me, does not seem to be doing anything. I've been running the 3DMark05 test again Proxycon or something and I do not see any triangles or artifacts, or what not, and the fps does not seem to be going up? Is there something I'm missing? I also went to the Nvidia driver download page and got the 78.01 Forceware drivers.

550core is very typical in the stock cooling; it’s rare to go much further than that, but with some Modding that purely could reach to 600 MHz core and fly right, but that will require cooling or new, a volt mod, or both. The memory overclock is all the time a toss, and varies depending on the memory modules utilized on the card. If the list of what writing in their memory modules that you could probably tell what your score and give you hope.

The 6600 comes with 8 pixel pipelines and that's all you can bear. Unable to open more. In some cases, if you have a standard 6800 (which has 12 pixel pipelines) can unlock the 4 pipes that are inactive for 16 totals. The same applies to the vertex pipelines, but that is usually open for the issue out, while the pixel pipelines tend to be beaten or lost. Optimizing overclocking is the only way that your card for better performance.