Thread: System freezes while try to overclock GeForce 6200

System freezes while try to overclock GeForce 6200

I picked up a GeForce 6200 256 MB OC from BFG Tech I was able to overclock my FX5500 from 290MHZ to 324MHZ core and 437MHZ memory 400MHz memory before I got rid of it. So now I'm trying to overclock my 6200, which comes from values:

Core: 375MHZ
    Mem: 400MHZ

For some reason every time I try to overclock to the smallest, such as 2 MHz, then click Apply, it freezes my system. I even tried to detect optimal frequencies and reads as follows:

Core: 405MHZ
    Mem: 470MHZ

The thing is, I know this card is capable of improvement. But it just freezes every time I do anything for him. Can any of you tell me why? Any help is greatly appreciated. How to test your settings before clicking Apply, and always have been, so why lock up my system? I use Coolbits and RivaTuner 2.0, the new version.

Re: System freezes while try to overclock GeForce 6200

BFG default just change the card in the BIOS a bit to the kernel and / or members is 20 or 30 MHz above values. And calling their cards "overclocked" as a marketing gimmick. My BFG 6800GT core values were 370 in place of the specifications, but I could still get to 415MHz before artifacting set in. I was curious if the two utilities OC’ing caused the same result, because if they do, they may be able to rule utilities themselves. Latest RivaTuner doesn't "officially" had Nvidia support 77.77, and I do some crazy shit when I updated my BFG to the driver. Exchange rates were not correct when I would fire up. I ended using Coolbits to organized crime since then.

The first thing I remember, the FX5500 and 6200 are two completely different cards. The NV44 of 6200 although based on the NV43 series 6600, may be capable of speeds of 500MHz + core, but that is not a guarantee, by any means. Your card may require superior cooling, and may require more voltage; you cannot suppose a stellar performance of the stock settings and cooling. BGF cards are not anything special, more frequently than not utilizing the exact similar allusion cooling seen in other cards (such as EVGA), all you do is a bios setting modified core speeds and memory speeds somewhat above reference. A properly cooled 6200 from any other manufacture be able to match or run away to the "factory overclocked" BFG cards.

Your 6200 should be much better than their actions FX5500, and the overclocked 5500 shouldn't be faster, and if so not by much. But the fact is that if it is cooling this is the limitation that, because the AGP 6200 with unconventional designs, limited in options for cooling upgrades. You would have to measure the distances between the mounting holes to see what fits in terms of selling parts, but I would say that no heatpipe based cooling should be adjusted, as they use a series of mounting brackets, 2x instead of simple markers, which gives them an almost universal compatibility. 2 that come to mind would be the Zalman ZM80D-HP and the schooner Thermaltake, alone again, check the card to the mounting holes of 3 mm, and ensure the space between them, and after that we can begin looking for something that fits.

I've managed to pump a little extra speed from my memory. I am about to 500MHz; I have come to 482MHZ, which for me is a very nice increase. I noticed a difference in performance now. Secondly, you still cannot increase the core of the child, or my system crashes completely. Not sure if I want to do any updates cooling, and third place is your thing you can do in the BIOS that may help solve the problem with the central locking of my system every time I try to overclock?

You may want to try to go in the bios and raise the voltage of about one tenth of a volt. You might get a higher overclock. I cannot promise anything, but it can help. if you increase the voltage too though, can fry your card, so be careful. I have an old Geforce4 Ti 4600 at 1.6v (1.5 by default) and clocks, 325MHz core and 725MHz memory with stable cooling action. 1.5v before, I could not break 320 in the center and 700 in the memory without it allow adjustment of the clock. by what can only be a tension problem. Good luck.