Thread: what can amp relay do, if temperature controller is made?

what can amp relay do, if temperature controller is made?

I have been working on a project and I wondered about the amperage rating of the relays. If I make a temperature controller, which can a 10 amp relay for me? A top regular household refrigerator / bottom lead, for example, 5 amps when the compressor is running, but what about the leap of the inductance, or the current boot. Can a regular 10A relay handle a standard household refrigerator? What about longevity? It's a long story, but I found a clean temperature. Control device, which has 10A relay contact outputs of cold when the temperature is above or below the set point. It also has a nice feature, a configurable delay before starting the cold out, so that it's not short-cycle refrigerator.

Re: what can amp relay do, if temperature controller is made?

Does the 5 amp is a considered consumption is either a 5A speced? I think most household items are speced with a maximum current under usual operating circumstances, so that 5A includes the input current when the compressor starts, so in that case 10A should be enough. There are as well several arc containment circuits which should provide various securities. For the price of transmit, I will have had to make, break, and current and voltage specifications. I guess this 10 relay controller has a particular output

That was a 5A arbitrarily removed from Hiney my number. As for the label on the back of the freezer, they say now is 1.69A. Come across online, I see freezers with a second evaluation: starting current, and seems to be in the high-9A, for freezers of comparable size freezers (5.3CuFt). So I can presume that my freezer is starting current at that stage, then? 10A relay is fine for the 14-18cf size of modern domestic refrigerators. Mostly for the reason that their ultra-efficient compressors do not utilize 5A motors.

In general, the 'start-up' inrush present induction motor is concerning 5 to 7 times the current trend. Zen1 As stated, the LRA (locked rotor amps) of the nameplate is the most excellent utilize for this. The problem with relays is that the contacts tend to pit the arc developed with the input current, even if they are fully qualified for the maximum current. The sting causes and heat resistance and the relay fail over time. In addition to using a relay with a current rating high, and suitable for inductive loads, the best way to go about solving this, is some kind of delay (timer, etc), which prevents the starter motor until the relay contacts are fully closed and closed down before the open contacts.

If this is something that will only be used occasionally or for leisure purposes, then you should be good to go. If you plan to run the compressor daily or regularly, then yes, get something with a duty cycle of good anti-arc not necessarily mean a higher current rating. You be supposed to also carefully consider the cost of periodically replacing a "cheap" next to the installation of a relay of a good that will last. I hope now you are clear with your doubt. Thank you.