Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Register Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Unable to Overclock Sapphire 5850

Overclocking & Computer Modification

Old 22-03-2011

Unable to Overclock Sapphire 5850

Good Morning to all my friends this is my first post of this forum and so I would expect that I would get great results from your side. The reason why I have posted this thread over here is to get some help from you for overclocking Sapphire 5850. I have tried it out many times to overclock this GPU but I am not able to do so. The BSOD and the AMD controller just stops working whenever I try to overclock this graphics card, so it is of no use to overclock this card, thus can anyone help me out to know that which would be an appropriate way so as to overclock this successfully.

Old 22-03-2011

Re: Unable to Overclock Sapphire 5850

Dude have you tried it out with the MSI afterburner a tool that can be used to overclock the Sapphire 5850 as I think that this will certainly help to increase the voltage of the graphics card so as to overclock it and deliver higher performance. Even I had previously made use of this tool and was able to overclock the GPU successfully so I would even instruct you to do the same.
Old 22-03-2011

There is also a program called the ATI Tray tool that can help you to oveclock the graphics card, Ati Tray Tools is a free program developed by by RayAdams for the complete management of AMD graphics cards in place of the Catalyst Control Center (CCC). With this tool you will surely be able to increase Frequencies in the section on the left we see the clock to default (BIOS) of the video card (in my case, 625.00 and 993.00 MHz for the GPU for the memories), to the right of these we see the clock running.
Old 22-03-2011

I tried my 5850 with the Afterburner to overclock but whenever I raise more than 10% (eg to 775 + GPU clock) it will reset the values. Can someone tell me why? And I have EnableUnofficialOverclocking = 1 cfg so still not able to find out why the GPU is not getting to get overclock the way that I would seriously like to have, even with the ATI tools the conditions remains the same.
Old 23-03-2011

For a good overclock you should get up one at a time of 5-10MHz frequency and stroke to test the stability. ATT comes to help us with the "Show Render 3D! clicking on this button will open a window with a rotating spacecraft, it will seem little but for the video card is torture, and in fact I strongly suggest you check the temperature (with GPU-Z or with the built-in utility ATT), usually for video cards is not advisable to exceed the 85-90 C. You must first look for this condition before trying anything else out.

TechArena Community > Hardware > Overclocking & Computer Modification
Tags: , , , ,