Thread: OCCT GPU Error Check

OCCT GPU Error Check

I can say that this is the luminous tool but is it essential to use that? I am able to go further than 785MHz on my GTX 470 core. I can say that it is fine as well as steady within furmark for no less than an hour but something in excess of 725MHz shows me error within the OCCT GPU Error Check. Subsequent to browsing round it comes into view that this is case for a lot of people and mainly recommendation to stick to furmark as well as additional GPU thrashing tools plus verify for artifacts with crashes. What do you people consider about this? It would emerge that the OCCT GPU Error Checking is designed for a steady number cruncher furthermore for pixel pushers you must bond to a Furmark-esque program.

Re: OCCT GPU Error Check

I have OC'd a lot of cards and I would like to tell you that OCCT is my main error checking tool. I am well conscious that nothing "visual" happens in furmark but to me a bug is a bug. I can obtain elevated OC's off for video cards but I would not at all overstress modules to where there is a danger for which the errors turn to somewhat inferior. What you require to accomplish is to isolate errors and make out if they are coming as of the GPU otherwise the memory. If cards endure 20 minutes OCCT steady with "Optimal" shader difficulty by means of 0 errors then it is going to survive everything you toss at it. I do utilize furmark for fine measure.

For myself I make use of occt error check intended for every of my video card overclock checking. It forever illuminates my errors first like you have seen. Yes you be able to play games as well as pass benchmarks on higher overclocks but this is only similar to failing major on the cpu as well as calling it "stable". Sincerely I believe everyone must run a full hour of occt gpu check by means of each overclock previous to posting it as steady. If you not pass this check then you will observe artifacts earlier otherwise afterwards.

If that is in my case then the first thing that I will do is to lower the memory a bit and see if that is able to help me. Normally I begin with only GPU till the time, I am happy by means of the result. After that, I increase the memory to some extends and lastly the shaders. I know that this is very time consuming and many of the people are not going to like it but this is the way I do it. I hope that this is going to help somebody in any manner.

I just put it at anything which does not crash 2 minutes of furmark as well as run games in anticipation that it crashes and after that back off a minute bit and continue. Do remember that neither occt otherwise furmark actually highlight memory volatility. I always be anxious that running continual furmark and particularly occt sessions will considerably cut down the life of the card as only being self-valedictory. Clearly by this technique I can't absolutely assert that I am 100% steady but then I have gpu crashed once in previous 5 months. Because I am just gaming I can exist through it but others cannot.

ATI Overdrive suggested 840/1080 (before it ran out of patience because it is> 20 minutes) for my 6850 and at that speed is detecting errors OCCT although it was much less in the whole series compared with the pair of minutes for the first time in a higher frequency. I had the opportunity to run at 950, 940, and 930 in the core with 1080 in the memory for very long periods of play / Furmark / bench press before they 1) were frozen, 2) drivers crashed, 3) frozen back to those respective speeds. Originally Furmark for 10 minutes at each of these before starting speeds of 10 MHz in each step which is obviously not long enough, but I was too "bloated" with the new card. Basically, the less they deviate from what he says OCCT is "stable" is less likely to hit you in the instability but again we need a little know that the moment you step of setting values