Thread: Need some best cooling solutions for modest overclocking in intel core i7-2600k

Need some best cooling solutions for modest overclocking in intel core i7-2600k

I hope you are clear with the title. I am looking out for some best cooling solutions to keep my intel core i7 cool all time. I am thinking to run the intel core at around 4GHz daily. I have already purchased the CM Hyper N520 and I want to know that if that would be enough to keep my system temperature down? Other than that if you have any more information on how to keep the system temperature down then do let me know about it. it will be grateful for me.

Re: Need some best cooling solutions for modest overclocking in intel core i7-2600k

If you ask me I would advise you to keep your system temperature down by firstly having a good cpu fan. Yours is a good fan so I suggest you to keep it. One more piece of advise that I would like to give you is that do have a look at the link that I have given here. I think you will be able to get some more information on this particular topic on the given link. Here is the link for you i7 cooling help. so do have a look at it and let me know whether that link was helpful for you.

Re: Need some best cooling solutions for modest overclocking in intel core i7-2600k

I hope you are thinking of keeping the cpu speed around 4GHz. I think that is fair enough speed and that will not give you any issues. If you are thinking of overclocking at around 4.5GHz or more then I must say that you might need a good cooler to cool you down. So my opinion here is that for a 4GHz speed the stock cooler would be quite sufficient and hence there is nothing much to worry here. So do go ahead with that speed and I am quite sure that your system temperature will remain normal. So this is what I have to say here and I hope you are clear with all the suggestions.

If you ask me I would say that the Hyper 212 Plus is the best answer for your question. If you have any existing cooler then I would ask you to remove it and replace it by the new Hyper 212 Plus. One of my friends tried overclocking in his new system and reached a speed of around 4.6GHz and the system temperature was anywhere around 50-60 degrees. Even he had the same cooler fan installed in his system and that really helped him. So this is what I have to say here hope this helps everybody.

One piece of advise that I would like to give you all here is that if you have some space in the cpu case and you are willing to spend some extra money for the cooling of the cpu then it is best that you get a Noctua D-14. It will definitely help you keep the system temperature down and that is the benefit that you will get from the cooler. The fan that you have suggested here is a good one but it will be ineffective for managing such a big processor which will generate tremendous amount of power while it is in the speed of 4GHz. So do consider my advise and act accordingly.

Yes, even I agree that Hyper 212 Plus is a good solution for you and it will offer you the best cooling solution in the hottest of the systems temperature. I am using it so that’s why I am recommending you to do it. the thing is that I overclock it upto 4.5GHz and hence I require so much cooling. Being a core i7 the stock speed of the processor is so good reaching 4GHz is not a big task and hence I hardly think that you may require Hyper 212 Plus. So better stick with the existing one that is the CM Hyper N520 and be happy with your processor. So I hope you are clear with all the confusions.

Hey thanks all for the efforts that you have put in to solve the issue. I must really thanks you all for all the responses and the suggestions that you have given to solve my issue. It has really helped me a lot. I was not sure whether the existing fan would give me the desired cooling for the system specially I may sometimes need up to 24*7. So that’s why I asked. Anyways thanks for all the responses.