Thread: Need some help to overclock Sandy Bridge i7 2600K at 4.7GHz

Need some help to overclock Sandy Bridge i7 2600K at 4.7GHz

I am going to get a sandy bridge processor very soon and I am quite excited about it. As soon as I get it I am thinking to overclock the processor to just test it and I am expecting that it will touch the 4.7Ghz mark. Since I am very new to this particular process I need some help from you all. Also I will be getting the P8P67 Deluxe board plus an H70 cooler such that it will help in keeping the system temperature down. So everyone do suggest me some quick steps so that I can start with the overclocking process. So any idea anyone then do let me know about it.

Re: Need some help to overclock Sandy Bridge i7 2600K at 4.7GHz

According to me it all depends on the system the overclocking speed does varies from the system to the system .so it is not necessary that the speed which you are getting will not be the same with the other one having the same processor. So it all depends on the other configuration of the system as well. We will have to look on the other factors like the temperature and also the stability. Basically you will have to start by increasing the system voltage and see if at every level your system is maintaining the stability. So do have a check about it first. Then you will have to make some minor changes in the bios of your system. I hope you will be knowing about that. In case if you do not know then do inform me I will be giving you the detailed information on this topic.

Yes , I completely agree with the above user. I think it all depends on the systems capability to adjust to the different systems temperatures. First and the foremost precaution that you will have to take here is that always make a note of the systems temperature it will always be beneficial. So do have a look at it and keep noting the temperature at every rise In the systems voltage. I think you must start with the 1.7V and gradually keep on increasing by 0.01V at each and every level. At every stage check the stability factor as well. My processor at 1.8V gave me a staggering speed of 4.9GHz, it may be a possibility that your system may limit you up to 4.5GHz only. So that is what the point I am trying to make here.

Hey thanks for your quick responses everyone, I did understand the basic idea that you were trying to make here. They were very important for me. I wanted to know if there are any other manual changes that have to be made in the bios settings as well. One of the user did ask me if I needed some help on the bios and hence my reply is yes, I do want some information on the bios. So if you have some information on what changes that we have to make on the bios such that we can get the exact output then do let me know about it.

There is nothing much changes that you will have to make in the bios. Some changes here and there over changing it from the automatic to the manual setting. So first you will have to go to the bios settings and then check if the Ai overclock tuner is set to manual. If it is not then go and turn it to manual. Check the turbo ratio and change it to the by per core mode. Then set all the core limits up to 48. Let the PLL Overvoltage be kept in the automatic mode. You will have to set the cpu manual voltage and start it up from where you want to increase the voltage. So do the necessary changes accordingly and I am quite sure that you will be able to get the perfect solution for it.

Hey you can try and set the cpu voltage temperature up to as low as 1.29V. No need to set the cpu voltage very high I am attaining the level of 4.5GHz at the 1.29V. I am very happy with the output and I think that is a perfect one to attain the level. I am not sure that you will be reaching the 4.7Ghz mark. I think it would be very difficult reaching that level. So as of now do try it with the low system temperature and see if you are able to achieve the stability at that level. Though the process might sound slow to you but do try it and let me know the results that you have got in.

Thanks for all the opinions that you all have shared here. I have got some brilliant solution here and I am just waiting to get them started with the process. Thanks especially for the detailed steps on the bios settings that you all have given. I think I will be able to reach the 4.6GHz mark quite comfortably. Appreciate your efforts that you all have put in this topic to solve my issue that really helped me a lot.