Thread: BIOS overclocking on Gigabyte GA-P55-UD3

BIOS overclocking on Gigabyte GA-P55-UD3

I am trying to overclock the Gigabyte GA-P55-UD3, but I am not aware of the temperature that should not exceed. So thought to take some help from you members. I have done overclocking with my friends on other motherboard, and now I am doing alone on this motherboard. I am sure that you must have done overclocking and I wish that someone from your side will provide some information about the overclocking readings of Gigabyte GA-P55-UD3. Waiting for your responses.

Re: BIOS overclocking on Gigabyte GA-P55-UD3

Gigabyte BIOS Type Award is, there is a page of home menu that shows all possible options, the classic design in short. The usual features of Update BIOS (BIOS Q-Flash) and backup configurations are present at the appeal.

The overclocking part is called MIT (Motherboard Intelligent Tweaking). One is greeted by a screen that lists all sub menus as well as some information about the machine. BIOS version, bus frequency (BCLK), processor, memory, and better, temperatures! Asus just memory and processor frequency.

If that's not enough, the first menu option, "Current Status" displays a more detailed screen that tells you the precise frequency of each heart, the memory modules are detected, their size and their timings (SPD). After that you are allowed to change frequencies processor, memory and tension. And it will go through three hand to achieve something, unfortunately, not an assistant to guide us. The 3.36 GHz Asus wizard are attained simply by changing the bus frequency (BCLK) of 133 to 160. To climb higher it is slightly more complicated, we managed to climb to 4 GHz with both cards by simply choosing a BCLK of 200 MHz and a multiplier of 20, it will also adjust the coefficient memory manually. The rest of tension is adjusted automatically. Unable to go beyond our processor test, as competing on the map.

In terms of memory, Gigabyte goes further with its menus that allow, in expert mode, independently adjust the timings of each strip. A fashion "Quick" does exist for simultaneous change in both, anyway.

I am here to get some information about this motherboard. Since, you were already telling about this board, I thought to ask my doubt over here, and not to make another thread. Please tell me summary of this mobo, since I am getting one from my friend. I just know that its having PCI Express, USB 3.0, Serial ATA 3.0 which are some good side of this motherboard. Rest of information I am expecting from you people. Please help me.

No surprise on the second PCI Express 16x physical, electrically wired as 4x speed in half the tickets range from competing. We must therefore place their graphics card in the first slot at the top of the motherboard. USB 3.0 controllers and Serial ATA 3 (P55-UD3 only) are connected to the P55 chipset with 1x links operating at half speed. Again you can choose to directly connect a chip to the processor to improve the bandwidth at the expense of the graphics card. This gives the choices:
    • X16 graphics port (8 GB / sec) + USB 3.0 via 1x P55 "half speed" (250 MB / sec) + Serial ATA 3 via 1x P55 "half speed" (250 MB / sec)
    • 8x graphics port (4 GB / sec) + USB 3.0 via 1x CPU (500 MB / sec) + Serial ATA 3 via 1x P55 "half speed" (250 MB / sec)
    • 8x graphics port (4 GB / sec) + USB 3.0 via 1x P55 "half speed" (250 MB / sec) + Serial ATA 3 via CPU 1x (500 MB / sec)

A long graphics card in the second PCI Express 16 block of a sudden the 6 Serial ATA ports on the P55 chipset P55-USB3. Not very smart, although in practice no one should put such graphics cards in this slot (which corresponds to a slot 2x for recall). On P55-UD3, these are four Serial ATA and IDE as may be blocked. Note that the Serial ATA ports on this card 3 are placed in the main graphics card via a connector elbow. Connect your cables before plugging in your 3D card. Also note that the memory slots are fixed by the two sides clasp. For the rest, no small amenities like Asus. Maps are provided with just an IDE cable, two Serial ATA cables and the metal plate was inserted at the back of your case. A word on textbooks, Gigabyte bad point for us because it is a generic manual explained nothing of the special cards. A true manual does exist ... on the manufacturer's website in PDF. Knowing that he will anyway go to the manufacturer's website to get the latest drivers (no driver CD included). Better to have a second hand machine.

The two Gigabyte cards are no-frills models. The lack of Firewire or eSATA are not compensated by the presence of a port for floppy drive and serial and parallel connectors. The absence of a driver CD and manual are generic in the same direction, map making every effort to achieve a price floor. If overclocking is actually somewhat more complex because an assistant, in practice the Gigabyte BIOS is affordable enough for those who know the basics of overclocking. Beginners abstain. Gigabyte P55-USB3 it has the advantage of a price floor, and the lack of Serial ATA 3.0 is in our view not very serious. The P55-UD3 faces fierce competition from the P7P55D-E from Asus that keeps our preference for its extra features.