Thread: Overclocking of Athlon XP-M 2500+

Overclocking of Athlon XP-M 2500+

Let me tell you that this is the first time I am posting something after doing registration.. (otherwise I only used to view). I am trying to overclock the Athlon XP-M 2500+ processor which is much older. But since I am trying this for the first time, I want help (much as possible) from your side. As you members have explained much better about an overclocking of other processors, I thought to post here my question. So tell me how can I overclock Athlon XP-M 2500+ ? I am sure that you people will help me soon.

Re: Overclocking of Athlon XP-M 2500+

As we this case on high-end overclocking from are in, we have from OC-WEAR High-end components ordered only. Our test suite includes order an Athlon XP-M 2500 +, a DFI Infinity nForce2 Ultra motherboard and OCZ PC3700 memory in a 1GB kit. For processor cooling, we use only the best: a Zalman CNPS7000A-Cu. It is interesting how many Athlon XP-M processors are there. In addition to several bases and packaging processors differ also by their voltage and the maximum acceptable temperature. OC-WEAR guarantees all customers that you get a suitable model and not a processor in the wrong base after catch.

Also, there Athlon XP-M models with which one can not change the multiplier, which they would be unsuitable for some tests. Why are we on the DFI NFII Ultra Infinity have taken? The mainboard offers many setting possibilities. In addition to the usual core and dimming voltage (which this model very well adjusted are at) you can save so-called profiles. You can four profiles with different memory / CPU settings and save them so they simply go back. Very elegant and practical solution when working soft animal and a monster game like a switch between. Overall Inifity us the DFI NFII Ultra really liked, it is relatively cheap at Rs.5500 and moreover, even lavish. The installation was no problem, and the Zalman CNPS7000A-Cu fit without modification. However, the cooler is over 1.3 cm beyond the edge of the motherboard, the case must be correspondingly so much space.

The mobile processor, the system does not recognize by name. In the Bios finds, therefore, only the name "unknown processor". Nevertheless, this should pose no problems as you see below. The Athlon XP-M initially has a multiplier of 6 and a front side bus of 100 Mhz in the BIOS, not much, for so you get on a 600 MHz processor. Since a 2500 + with 1.866 GHz and FSB266 is operated, we provide these values with us and install a system. Now we can increase speed, only to 2 GHz, then to 2.2 GHz (FSB200). As also pose no problems, we increase the clock frequency up to 2.4 GHz. Only now it is starting to crash. Mind you, so far we have not increased the voltage of the processor and memory, they are on the default values of the BIOS: 1.625 volts CPU and memory at 2.9 volts. For 2.4 GHz for the first time we have to increase the voltage, 1.675, or 3 volts which flow from the system to produce no more crashes. Hope that this post will help you the most.

On the Internet I have read that one achieved with this generation of processors up to 2.5 GHz, which you try to reproduce it. The clock frequency increase, we now do not mention in 100 MHz steps, but something intermediate slower. Die 2460 MHz (12 x 205 MHz) shows that the processor now requires a clearly introduce higher voltage. The V-Core is now at 1.75 volts. Till now you must have observed that we have varied the front side bus, to make small steps. The multiplier can only be increased in steps of 0.5, which corresponds to an increase in these clock frequencies of 100 MHz. Since the memory for 466 MHz is designed, you should try to achieve this goal with your system - at the highest possible clock frequency. In 2 MHz steps we approach the target, but now the voltage increases even faster. The system will accelerate to 1.9 volts to the CPU still on 2575.2 MHz, then we are the game a little too dangerous. The system still boots, but in benchmarks, it crashes again and again.

At most we were able to increase the clock frequency by as much as 706 MHz. This represents an increase of 37 percent of the fundamental frequency. The pure timing values are in our view, quite impressive, but it is interesting how much faster the processor cuts in benchmarks. We have for four system settings singled out and now you want to show the results of the following systems:

Vaschela Guest

Thanks for replying, everyone. It appears we have a decent cross-section of people here and a lot of well thought-out discussion