Thread: Unable to overclock MSI 5770 HAWK graphic card ?

Unable to overclock MSI 5770 HAWK graphic card ?

I have already overclocked my cpu and my RAM that has running my 5770 hawk graphic card installed Core - 975 MHz and Memory clock - 1280 Mhz) for the past days and have not got any problem with it since then an issue.But when i raise it any further the MSI kombuster crashes after hardly any seconds and after that my game crashed as well .But I observed in Overclock3D that they were running the card easily on 1.05 GHz Core and 1.44 GHz . So, What am i doing incorrect?? The stock speeds of the cpu was 875 MHz and Memory Clock - 1200 MHz . Please help me out on this query .

Re: Unable to overclock MSI 5770 HAWK graphic card ?

You will not unavoidably obtain the same overclock as others. The people those who reside in the locations such as USA , Europe and have comparatively less temperature than the Indian locations , so that assists overclocking at higher rate . You will be visiting forums those who are usually based in Europe/USA and have a much lesser temperatures than they have in India which helps overclocking. Also, overclock to full extent can be diverse for the same cards depending on revision lot number.

Overclock settings are very system definite and what the above man in the post explained , you should choose on the basis of the temperature too , it seems your system is placed in a lot cooler place , overclocking should be only done whenever required also 975 is very near to 1.05. a very little fps difference if u take average. IMO its decent and no visual affect on game play. so u must keep these settings.

The media samples/cherry selected ones are diverse from retail stuff-depending what thingmanufacturers give they are believeed much better. Not essentially everyone does it (although a few manufacturers have been aware to offer cherry picked items to overclockers/evaluationers) but there year ago! Makers are much aware which is decent at overclocking which is not. That looks most likely the cause (or its weak, which I gravely doubt).